7.06.2007

We're Jammin!

So my mom always has made super yummy strawberry jam as I was growing up. We never ever had store bought jam. We always had homemade strawberry, apricot, mixed berry, raspberry, boysenberry, or blackberry jam in our house- YUM. Well now that I'm far far away from home, I have been really wanting my mom's strawberry jam.. it's our favorite. So I finally decided to make my own. It isn't the exact recipe my mom uses, and I can tell a difference in the taste. I still think my mom's is better, but it's still really good! It made around 5 cups and it totally costs less than store bought jam. I recommend all who is able, to make their own jam. Just buy a pectin box, and they have all the recipes for jam inside. There's a certain type of pectin you should get. I don't know the name of it, but I think it's in a white and yellow box... starts with a C maybe. ?? Anyway, we are really enjoying our fresh strawberry jam.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Certo
That is it.
Certo

Anna@Exasperation said...

I've been wanting to make freezer jam since we left Utah (where we had a never-ending supply from straight from the strawberry patches and plum trees in Providence...oh, the good 'ole days!). I've just never done it. Now I'm going to do it! This week! You've inspired me! Thanks for supplying the name of that pectin, too, Jen!

YaYa said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!