7.07.2007

Mini Golf


A few weeks ago we went to Golden Bear Mini Golf course. It's a serious course- with sand traps, trees, rocks, and other scenery. It was really fun. We were of course trying to beat each other, and because of Paxton's skills, he was very confident he was going to beat me, so he gave me one stroke on every hole to increase my odds of winning and make it a more competitive game. How nice of him.

So we started playing and he was winning most of them, so he started on every hole. Then we came up to one hole, and I went first since I had won the last hole. It was a super hard one, a par 4. There was a big rock obstacle right in the middle, so you had to go around it and then up a little hill. So I strategically plan out my putt, and swing. It goes around, bounces of a ledge, up the hill, passes the hole, hits the rock back rock and bounces back right in the hole!! HOLE IN ONE !! YEAH! It was so amazing. Paxton couldn't believe it! It really was cool. I wish we had caught it on tape.

Ok, so we keep playing, and right before the last hole, Paxton counts our scorecard and figures that he is ahead by 4 strokes. So we both putt, and we get birdies. So I figured I lost by 4, but Paxton counts the score card again and realized that I actually won by 6! How'd he miss that? Who knows... but he counted over and over again, and couldn't believe he lost by 6! haha... It was a fun night, and even better that I beat him in mini golf. Well- really- he won because he gave me a stroke on every hole, but- those were our rules- so I really did win . We treated ourselves to some icecream afterward- a good reward for a win.



We put our camera on timer- and tried to get the little waterfall on the side in the pic, but the plant was in the way. oh well.
This course was not meant for lefties- or "south paws!" -coil



Good Game Babe!

1 comment:

YaYa said...

how fun!! I really like that course......good win Abby..