Hey Everyone. Hope ya'll had a happy 4th of July. I didn't take any pics of our day- wish I would've. But we had lots of fun at Chris's parents house with Chris, Sarah, Madison, Charlotte and Jared Nelson, Brian, Jeni, Natalie, Garrett, Chase, Anna & kids, Chris, Heather, Katie, and a few other friends of friends. We played the "ring game" in the pool, ate BBQ and snacks, got sunburnt, and we couldnt forget the Wii that Brian & Jen brought! It was a hit for sure. That day was a great relaxing and fun day! Wish we had a day like that in EVERY week. It sure made the week go by fast! It's already the weekend again! Yipeee!!
I have been feeling like a good homemaker because I've been baking a few things that seems like only a grandmother or mother would do. I made a meatloaf- well actually Paxton pretty much made it the day before, I just put it in a bread pan and put BBQ sauce all over it and baked it. But then today I also made strawberry shortcake- Myers' family way. My mom's recipe is sooo good and really easy. If anyone wants to try it, come on over cuz we have quite a bit. But do it quick cuz it'll go fast! Anyway, I really like cooking and baking. I just wish I had more time to do it. I wanna stay home like 2-3 days of the week just to cook. I eventually want to start canning things. First I need to get a pressure cooker though. Hmmm...
Oh my gosh- now here's a story for ya'll. A few days ago at like 5am Pax and I were sleeping and we hear our neighbors (their bedroom is attached to our bedroom) making tons of noise- really loud. It sounded like someone was running around, shuffling, trying to wrestle- or something.... Anyway, so i kinda wake up because they're so loud. Then I hear "LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS! DON'T MOVE- DON'T MOVE! " Paxton and I both jump up out of our beds and look around, and I jump to the window to look outside - i couldnt see anything. Anyway, we were trying to figure out what it could be. We thought maybe it was cops busting our neighbors for something. But we didn't hear ANYTHING else after that- so we were so confused. I thought maybe they were getting robbed- I was waiting for a gun shot. We waited for a little bit and didn't hear anything at all, just a little bit more moving around loudly. So I layed back down and Paxton put his ear up to the wall, trying to listen to what they were saying, but couldn't make anything out. Finally he laid back down. We still don't know what that was, but we were kinda freaked out. Isn't that so weird?
I have been feeling like a good homemaker because I've been baking a few things that seems like only a grandmother or mother would do. I made a meatloaf- well actually Paxton pretty much made it the day before, I just put it in a bread pan and put BBQ sauce all over it and baked it. But then today I also made strawberry shortcake- Myers' family way. My mom's recipe is sooo good and really easy. If anyone wants to try it, come on over cuz we have quite a bit. But do it quick cuz it'll go fast! Anyway, I really like cooking and baking. I just wish I had more time to do it. I wanna stay home like 2-3 days of the week just to cook. I eventually want to start canning things. First I need to get a pressure cooker though. Hmmm...
Oh my gosh- now here's a story for ya'll. A few days ago at like 5am Pax and I were sleeping and we hear our neighbors (their bedroom is attached to our bedroom) making tons of noise- really loud. It sounded like someone was running around, shuffling, trying to wrestle- or something.... Anyway, so i kinda wake up because they're so loud. Then I hear "LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS! DON'T MOVE- DON'T MOVE! " Paxton and I both jump up out of our beds and look around, and I jump to the window to look outside - i couldnt see anything. Anyway, we were trying to figure out what it could be. We thought maybe it was cops busting our neighbors for something. But we didn't hear ANYTHING else after that- so we were so confused. I thought maybe they were getting robbed- I was waiting for a gun shot. We waited for a little bit and didn't hear anything at all, just a little bit more moving around loudly. So I layed back down and Paxton put his ear up to the wall, trying to listen to what they were saying, but couldn't make anything out. Finally he laid back down. We still don't know what that was, but we were kinda freaked out. Isn't that so weird?
Well, we have been trying to have FHE on Monday nights with the two of us. It's kinda hard when you don't have children or a bigger group to do it with. But he have had a few. We read out of the book To Draw Closer to God by Henry B. Eyring. And we also took a few pics... silly pics.
Whatchoo talkin bout fool?!
Paxton looks so handsome w/ short, trim hair.
FLOWERS! On the morning of the 4th of July, Paxton got up early before I had gotten up and went to the store to pick me up some pretty tulips!! When he first got them, they were a bit droopy- and in shock, so we tied a string around the stems to hold them up, and by the end of the day they were standing straight up by themselves!! Unfortunately, 2 days later they are droopy again! :( But they're still beautiful. What a nice thing Paxton did for me.
1 comment:
glad you guys figured out how to make the tulips stand up....they were really beautiful...good job son,,,,,
Post a Comment