It seems like mostly every time I am feeding Ty, he either passes gas or passes poopy. And when he has to do either of these, he stops eating and just sits there until it's over. Well, this morning I was feeding him, and he pulled away and paused for a second. I knew he was going to do one or the other, so I just waited for it to happen. Suddenly he poops... a lot... for a long time, and it comes ooooozing(that's about the color of the poop too) out of his diaper, oozes onto my hand and my pants. Yuck!
On the other hand, he smiled at me for the first time a couple days ago- on Saturday. It was so cute. I loved it. We can still get him to smile at us, but it's always right after we feed him. When he's full and satisfied.
Another thing about Ty is that he gets the hiccups maybe two or three times a day. And he has them for so long it gets him mad, so he starts crying. I wish I knew how to get rid of them, but he just has to wait it out. Poor guy.
A lot of people told me when I first delivered Ty that if I just got through the first 6 weeks then everything will be ok and easy/ier. After 4, almost 5 weeks, I now know what they mean. I feel a lot more comfortable and less stressed about taking care of Ty. My mom told me I may have feelings like What did I get myself into? Why did I have a baby? and that sort of thing... and I definitely had those feelings. The first 2 weeks were full of stress, crying (not the baby), sleepless nights, confusion, pain & exhaustion. It was hard to imagine it would get better. Fortunately I had my mom and sister there during that time, so I had support while I was going through it. But now I feel like I understand my baby a little more and feel more confident in what I am doing. Ty is the cutest, sweetest baby and I am so grateful to have him. I love his little face, his smile, grunts, whimpers, cries, little nose, ears, lips, hands & feet, his skinny legs, and his many cowlicks in his hair. He is just delicious!
silly face - he just woke up from a nap
9 comments:
he is absolutely adorable. we are excited to have you guys in our ward and in our neighborhood! let us know if you need anything.
At the request of a proud YaYa, please continue as many posts about our precious TY as possible.. and having a little one can be somewhat overwhelming, but I think you are a wonderful mother and doing a great job!!!! Paxton too!!! Remember I am always ready to babysit!!!!!
You can blog about Ty all you want. We all understand that for a very long time you won't really be focusing on anything except the baby. Which is totally normal :) And once I was playing "airplane" with Madi and she spit up in my mouth. So yeah, I've been there with the gross stories. Can't even tell you how much poop, pee, and puke I've had on me over the last few years.
he is so handsome! he looks like he has long legs!! I have so much respect for moms holy cow, whenever I hear a baby screaming i'm like wow you have to have SO much patiences.. so way to go at being such a great mommy your my hero!
You are cute Abs. The poop- not so cute! However, he is a doll and I also think that you should blog about him to your heart's content. I do it and I just don't really care what other people think. Also I really do like seeing updates on my friend's kids, especially when I can't see them in person!!
i love that kid. his little skinny legs are so cute! i need to see him soon!
I think you should blog all you want about TY- he is all your life now- and thats what we as moms do-- blog our life-- oUR BABIES- and i LOVE looking at pics of peoples kids- I kind of get annoyed when it isn't about the babies!! haha But about hiccups-- something youc an try- it works most the time on some babies--- when he gets the hiccups if you swaddle them REALLY tight into a papoose- they get really mad- and it gets rid of their hiccups faster! Mary when i would do it to her - she would calm right down until it was over-- so it kind of depends but it makes the hiccups not last as long!
He is a cutie and I don't think people mind if you blog about ALL about him... lets me honest, most "mom blogs" are about the kids.
I would like to say that its pretty good if you are getting more used to being a mom at 6 weeks... I think it took me about 4 months! (Jackson was a very fussy baby though).... baby blues are totally normal. Its weird how your emotions are so uncontrolable though. After Jackson was born I was walking outside our complex with him one day and our neighbor came over to see him and asked how I was and I started BAWLING out of no where... haha he thought I was crazy I am sure. :)
What a little cutie! I ran into your sister Katie the other day at Broulims. She was so nice and seems happy to be home. Let me know when you're coming to Idaho so i can maybe see you
Post a Comment