9.03.2009

1st day at Church

We took Ty to church last Sunday for the first time. He was good. He slept most of the time. I think he liked the new atmosphere. It seems the noise from the crowds put him to sleep. We'll see how long that lasts.
But he did look especially cute since he wore a little collared shirt and dress pants.


I caught him smiling while he was sleeping. He smiles a lot bigger than this, but this is what I got. One of these days I want to record him when he's sleeping because he makes all these silly faces and then gives the occasional grin. He even laughed one time- it was so cute.

Katie came to visit for about a week. She recently got back from her mission, and this was the first time I had seen her since she'd been back! It was lots of fun to have her here to see the baby and help out. She, of course, loves Ty to pieces. hehe- Who wouldn't? She already claims the title Ty's Favorite Aunt. She had the magic touch in getting Ty to sleep, so I let her do it a few nights. Hey, it let me get some sleep myself.

...and these are just for pleasure's sake


I am getting used to running on less sleep and having to wake up in the middle of the night to feed him. But that doesn't mean I enjoy waking up at 3 am. Mostly every night at 3 am, as I am nursing Ty, I look over at Paxton with envy. He always looks so peaceful and rested. But I try to get my sleep in during the day while Ty is napping. It works.
Well, that's been my life the past 3 weeks. Yep, Ty is already 3 weeks old! And his facial features have already changed. He looks older and more handsome every day. We just love him to pieces.

8 comments:

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

He is so cute! I cannot believe you already took him to church! With Kendon I didn't got til he was almost 2 months old! haha

Nataley said...

He is darling! What a sweet little family you have!

Bling said...

Ok...we will just have to share the whole "favorite aunt" thing!!! Can't wait to babysit on Saturday!

Kelsie said...

He is SO dang cute! You should post a pic of Paxton's baby pic next to one of his and so we can compare! :) I can't tell who he looks like!

Jaimie said...

He's darling Abbs. I love him! :)
You're brave taking him to church already! I'm always ultra paraniod about my new babies getting sick and don't take them to church till at least 2 months! Love his little church clothes.

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

He is PERFECT! Such a cute little boy! Good luck with the 3 am feedings!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

what an ADORABLE little doll! ...I can't wait to see that little guy again! It was great fun to see you guys tonight, You don't even look like you just had a baby...Jealous!

Britt and Chad said...

What a cute baby! So, where does Paxton work in Dallas? And is he working or doing an internship there?