3.01.2009

Moved AND Baby Belly

We are mostly settled into our new apartment, thanks to many guys from the ward that helped us.  I started packing and moving things Friday around 3pm and we didn't stop til about 11:30 that night.  Then the following morning, we woke up about 8am and starting packing and cleaning more to get ready for the guys to come help.  At 9am we started loading the trucks and moving everything from the third floor to another 3rd floor.  Ugh.  It was very exhausting going up and down and up and down and up and down stairs all day and all night for a couple days.  Finally at 6:30 on Saturday we had everything cleaned at the old apartment and everything moved into our new apartment.  It is Sunday night now, and we still have about 5-6 boxes to unload, arrange some furniture, and hang up all pictures.  I've been trying to catch up on some sleep from the weekend.  I'm just glad that the move is over!  I decided I'm not going to post pictures... you can just come visit us.  Yes- you in Idaho, Utah, Washington, California, Illinois, Tennessee, Iowa, Texas (of course), and any other state you live in...
And now you have it, a picture of my growing baby bump.  That baby in there is an active one!!  I am feeling it a lot more now! Wow! Just today I've felt it move several times throughout the day.  It is so exciting to feel it.  Paxton always asks, What does it feel like?  He always wants to know, and I explain it to him, to which he replies, I want to feel that too.  Haha.  He's so cute.
Oops I blinked

So, weird, scary story.  Tonight we were leaving our apartment to go to a friend's house.  I walked out the door first and headed towards the stairs.  Before I got to the top of the stairs, I noticed a black thing on the wall.. then it moved up.. it was climbing.  I got a little closer and then stopped abruptly when I realized it was a raccoon.  It was climbing up the wall and climbed into the gutter.  The gutter is positioned right where the stairs turn, so we would've had to walk right by it.  I imagined me walking by slowly and him pounce on my shoulder and bite me... so I suggested we take the opposite stairs.  Paxton was like, No he won't hurt us- raccoons don't hurt anybody.  He started walking towards the coon, and it turned it's head at us and stared us down.  He had no fear in his eyes.  He was a stubborn little guy.  That was his territory and he wasn't gonna move for nobody.  We stared at him back for a good 10 seconds, then turned the opposite way and went down.  BUT on the bottom floor we crossed over, so we had to walk under where the raccoon was chilling in the gutter.. and when we were able to look up and see him, he was there staring right back at us.  Aaaaahhh- it was just a weird, creepy, scary look with those dark eyes... ewww.  Anyway, that was just so weird to us.  It made us wonder if he lives in an attic in our building or what he was even doing there.  I wanted to get my camera and take a picture.. I was too lazy.  Maybe next time we have a visitor I'll snap a shot.

7 comments:

Anjeanette said...

That's it on the belly? Mine is twice that size, and I am not even pregnant...thanks! Keep taking pictures of it though. I didn't do that, and I regret it. Glad you are feeling the baby....fun isn't it? Hope you are feeling better. Love you!

Keeping Up With Cade said...

I totally agree on the bump! Very cute!! I didn't get to take many pictures either so take bunches!! :o) I was so excited when I started feeling Cade move -- it's a milestone! Congrats! Like butterflies in your tummy, aye? Loved the update! Good luck getting all settled!

Jalayne said...

I haven't had a chance to congratulate you, yet! Congratulations, Abby Dear!!

Eric and Kathleen said...

YAY!!! Love the belly pics! And I'm so excited that the move is over. Seriously, I HATE moving. Such a hassle. Glad you guys are on top of everything. Jennifer and I really want to come see you asap! Espeially in your new place!

HANSEN/ PORTER wedding said...

How exciting. I didn't even know you guys were moving! Are you loving the space? We'll have to come see the new place. I'm out of town right now, but let me know if you need any help moving. I'd love to help when I get back.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I guess the move went well, We didn't hear from you again so I guess that means you had plenty of help! Nice bump, that looks like a lunch baby! is there anything in there, teeny?

Haylee said...

Abs you are so cute! Your belly is tiny, but it is fun to see it grow a little bit. Feeling Jackson was my all time favorite thing about the pregnancy. I describe it as bubbles popping in there. Wait till the babe is bigger though and has no room to move and the feelings get a lot stronger... it hurts sometimes! :)

That is hilarious about the racoon... haven't you guys ever seen elf? The racoon attacks buddy the elf. I would have been terrified! :)