My mom came to visit and help with the baby. She had perfect timing because she came in on Tuesday, and it was that night (Wednesday morning) that I went into labor! I guess Ty just wanted his grandma there when he came. She was SO helpful. It was a great blessing to have her here. She made dinners, cleaned the house, did laundry, took care of Ty when he was fussy, and let me sleep and recover before she had to leave. I was so sad to see her go, and felt lonely and scared my first night alone. Paxton & I appreciate all you did for us Mom- Thank You!
Ty doesn't like baths. He just gets so cold. He loves being all bundled up in the towel afterward though.
Paxton's work gave us this cute Peterbilt onesie. It's supposed to fit him at 18 months, but we wanted to put it on him now. Haha.
For my labor story - since I've had requests to tell all about it. Wednesday August 12, at 1am I started having contractions 5 minutes apart. By 1:30am my water broke- or so I thought. So I got Pax & my mom up and we went to the hospital. When I got there, I was dilated to only a 2. They hooked me up to an IV and I just had to sit and wait. After a little while, they gave me pitocin to get me going. It took 10 hours for me to dilate from 1 to 5, then another 5 hours to dilate from 5 to 10 ! Somewhere during the first 10 hours I got an epidural. After that, I just relaxed and slept a ton! Paxton, my mom, and Paxton's mom were all at the hospital waiting and waiting and waiting. Ty sure took his sweet time. Finally, around 5pm I was dilated to a 10 and I felt lots of pressure. I was going to wait for my doctor to start pushing, but after waiting for 30 minutes, I couldn't wait any longer. The nurse and Paxton helped during the pushing. After 1 hour of pushing, and use of the vacuum, Ty was born! It was so amazing! I could not believe that baby was inside my belly. It was something I will never forget! I expected the labor to be a lot worse than it turned out to be. That epidural is amazing!
Ty is so sweet and just the cutest thing ever! Paxton & I love him so much!
10 comments:
oh how precious.. that is so amazing there was a little baby inside you! You sound so brave waiting for 10 hours for your little man to come out! I'm so happy for you and Paxton (except for the not being able to sleep at night part) other then that congrats on being New parents and bringing such a handsome little ty into the world!
Abby,
hey girl, I don't know if you remember me but I worked with you at Mill Hollow! I found your site on Britt Fullmers- so cute! Your baby is adorable and I am very happy for you. CONGRATS!
Jess (Phillips) Griffin
Yes, modern medicine is wonderful!! He is a handsome little boy and I am soo happy for your little family.
Oh i love the epidural!! ahhhh!!!
Sounds like a tiring day for you ms abby. and dont feel bad for paxton. TRUST ME. you are way more tired than him even with naps. you are the one who has to do everything since you are the supply of food. it is paxtons job to be tired with you!
ohhh I love it. I love the picture of him holding up his head to look at Grandma. How precious! The night thing will get better, I promise, though right now I know it doesn't seem like it EVER will.
I love your mom, she is so amazing, and Ty is so cute.
He's so cute! We want to come meet this little guy in person soon! Also- thanks for posting the birth story- It was encouraging to those of us that are approaching that day... ha!
Abby!!
Yeah I'm glad you found my blog. You're little guy is so cute!!! I'm so excited for you two. Ok, about the internship, Chad will be sending resume's out pretty soon here and we'll prob find out where we're going by the end of Oct. I will definitely keep you posted but i think it would be awesome to go to Dallas!! I LOVE the warm weather and hanging out with you all the time.. ooh man I'm getting excited just thinking about it. I'll keep in touch. Thanks for the comment and I will tell Chad about being hotter than Mark. ha
I enjoyed sharing that special day with Abby's Mom and was so excited that she was there to be with Abby. It is always great to have your Mom with you! And look at what we got,,,,Mr Ty......he is just so precious!
Oh Abby. I can't even handle how precious that little munchkin is! His lips! Too much! Welcome to the mom club... it's a strange but wonderful new world! I'm so glad your labor went so smoothly. Congrats a thousand times!!
Post a Comment