8.10.2009

Happy Birthday yesterday...

... to Abby and Paxton and NOT Ty. Yes, it is true. Our sweet baby is still not quite ready to come to us. We had a few hard feelings yesterday, but we are over it now. Moved on. But still so ready to receive him any day! Any day Ty. ANYWAY, we celebrated our birthday at Ann & Steve's house. We had a dinner and birthday cake. It was great to not have to cook or prepare anything, and just relax! Thank you Ann, Steve, Heather, Katie, & Greg for the great birthday!

Well, I bought a cake pan awhile ago that is one giant cupcake. I had been waiting to use it for our birthday or somebody's birthday, so I was finally able to use it for ours. It didn't quite turn out as I expected. What do you think?
It looks like a giant doggy poo poo or something. The bottom of the cupcake needs to be smaller than the top. I don't know why they made it like that. Next time I'll have to fix that- then it'll be really cute. I tried my best though to make it look like a cupcake. It was still really good.
40 Weeks
We, meaning Paxton, has taken on the project of installing built-in book shelves in our front room. We didn't really have room to fit a book case since we have our small couch and computer desk in there, so we decided to build shelves to put our books on them. It has turned out to be quite the project, and has brought out the 'handy man' in Paxton, or lack thereof... Just kidding Pax! He has done a great job. We put the finishing touch on last night and so we're still waiting for the final product. We put small strips of crown moulding on the edge of each shelf.... it's going to look great! Superb job Pax!
Concentrating so hard... he is actually singing a song & going "Oooo eeee oooo." haha

Paxton started his new job today!!! So we had to take a picture before he left in the morning with his notebook and sack lunch in hand. Doesn't he look so excited to go to his new job!? Hehe- he's so cute. I love him so much!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

happy birthday guys! I am soooooooo sad ty didnt come! soon!! and goodluck paxton, have fun at the new job!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Abby and husband!!! Hope you guys had a good time!!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

Happy Birthday to you both!! I was keeping my fingers crossed that Ty would have come yesterday! Can't wait to see pics of him. Hang in there Abby!!!! You look fabulous!

Rowbury Adventures said...

do you two have the same birthday?? haha and i don't think your cake looks like a giant doggy poo poo but i honestly laughed out loud when I read that haha what's your husbands new job?

Wiseguys said...

Oh abby. I will pray that Ty comes because I know how frustrating it can be when they just arent' ready!!!!

Kim said...

How cute are you? Seriously, I know you are not enjoying it, but I think you are the best looking overdue woman ever! Happy Birthday to you and Paxton!