11.30.2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We got back today from a long Thanksgiving vacation.  After visiting three different cities and three Thanksgiving dinners, we are probably 10 pounds heavier - combined.  Haha- just kidding- at least I hope we aren't 10 pounds heavier.  Maybe 5 though.  
We spend time with Paxton's family- first his mom, sis, & cousin and fam.  Then we drove to his Gramps home where we stayed for several days.  Finally we drove to his grandmother's home and stayed the night there.  We are finally back, unpacked, and refreshed for another week.  

Isn't it funny how every Thanksgiving you tell yourself you aren't going to eat a lot because you don't want to have to work it off afterward.  It's not really worth it to eat a ton and reverse your workout from the past week.  Yeah- I tell myself that, and remind myself and remind myself again, but how are you supposed to eat small portions when you have THREE Thanksgiving dinners to go to? I've got 2 words to say to that: Hello Gym.  I am so anxious to get there.  I can feel myself expanding from the mashed potatoes, turkey, broccoli, rolls, pecan and chocolate pie I've eaten over the past 3 days.  Ugh.

On the bright side, we got home from church and immediately started putting up Christmas decorations.  It didn't take too long- since we have a small apartment and limited room for decorations.  But it looks good.  We are ready for the holidays... well besides all the gifts we still need to buy. 

This is kind of late, but I went with a few friends to the midnight show of Twilight.  I thought it was a good movie, but of course there are more details in the book- as usual.  There were some 'laugh-out-loud' cheesy parts, but what do you expect? It was fun to see all the characters, especially handsome Edward.  He is a beauty.  I'm still working on the 4th book, slowly.  I love all these books. They're so fun to read and get into.  

I always forget to take pictures of things we do.  Sorry.  But really- the pics would have been boring anyway, so I'm doing you a favor. 

10 comments:

Jeni said...

I can just picture you guys eating alot, you laughing at the movie and putting up your decorations!

YaYa said...

It was really fun having you guys over on Thanksgiving....I'm sure you will work off those extra lbs. real soon. Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!!! Love you!

Krista & Tyler said...

Abby,

I would have given anything to go to that movie with you to hear you laugh out loud-I still haven't seen it yet and I hope whoever goes with me laughs like you! :)

Happy Holidays!
Love, Krista

Anjeanette said...

Glad you had a good one. We had a good one also. Too much food... Hopefully see you at Christmas..

Val said...

I forgot to tell you on Sunday but your hair is so cute!!!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I doubt I can even PICTURE you trying to overeat..silly girl. Twilight was fun. Cheesy parts and all....Edward is a hottie alright!

Jalayne said...

Interesting...I do not find Edward to be handsome in the slightest...

Anonymous said...

Hey!! We just got here last night! We have no idea where to live, thats going to be my job while Jordan is working! We will for sure have to get together and maybe you could give us some idea of where we could find a good apartment!! Call us if you get some time! 208-680-3521

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

Hey Abby! I am so glad that you found my blog! You and your hubby are so cute together! So what are you up to? Where do you live? I love blogging because I can keep in touch with everyone!!!

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

Hey! Good to hear from you! Yeah we made it to Weiser okay. The roads were horrible though! As I am sure you know seeing that you were in IF! We came across a few road closures, but just waited them out! Are you back home now? I bet it's so strange to have such nice weather in JAN! haha Hope all is well and Happy New Year!