12.06.2008

Dallas Stars Hockey Game/Date Night

Paxton's company reserved a suite at the Dallas Stars game last night against Colorado Avalanche.  I usually don't get to go to his "work events", but this time I DID!  His boss was SO nice to reserve a ticket for me since she knew how much I loved to go to these games... especially when it's in a suite!!   There was all you can eat food and the yummy dessert cart came by where we chose a rich triple chocolate cheesecake.  


The pimped out zamboni
And the final score: Stars 2, Avalanche 1.  The game went into overtime where neither team scored, so they had to do a shootout.  Each team had 3 tries to score 1-on-1 against the goalie.  Stars went first and missed.  Avalanche went next and scored. Stars went again and missed.  Avalanche went next and missed.  Stars went next and scored.  Avalanche went next and missed.  So we were Tied again.  We had one more chance to score, and Mike Modano-the big shot of the team won it for us!  It was so amazing how fast he shot it.  The goalie almost completely covers the goal so it looks so hard to fake him out and get it in, but Modano made it look so easy.  It was a great game!!  
After the game while walking to the car, we stopped in front of the News 8 Channel window to try to get on TV.  The newscasters were waving at us, but the cameraman wasn't outside filming.... and it was way to cold to wait around too much longer.

That was our fun date night!  

6 comments:

Jalayne said...

What a blast Abster! I think it is so fun that you guys are in a place where you can do things like that!

YaYa said...

I am soooo happy you got to go too, that was really nice of the boss lady! How exciting, and sounds like it was a good game. Now if our Cowboys had just been able to pull it out yesterday, things would have been perfect!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just remembered that i was suppose to call you back!! Im so sorry!!!! we have been so crazy busy its not even funny! We just got an apartment yesterday in Frisco. I can't believe how stinkin cold it is here! I hope it warms up soon! We are going home for christmas so after that we should try and get together! Once again im sorry for my horrible memory, i was so going to call you back but im retarted and forgot!

marcus said...

i'm still loving the beard

Andrews Family said...

Wow Abby! I had no idea your hair got that long!! That's crazy!

Stacia said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I haven't been to a hockey game in forever!! You forget how fun they are until you go again!

Hey! I have a Christmas card waiting for you, just needs your address! Can you send it to me?

staciadawn@gmail.com

Thanks!!