10.27.2010

here's the story...

I went to the hospital Wednesday morning at 6:00 am to be induced. After all the waiting, getting me in a delivery room, & questioning, it was about 7:30 when they started the pitocin. At that point I was only dilated to a 1. After about 3 hours of contractions, I got an epidural. By that time I was at a 3. In 1 1/2 hours I progressed to an 8. And 30 minutes after that was at a 10. The nurse had me do a practice push to see if I was going to be pushing for a little while or if we needed to call my Dr. right away to deliver the baby. After one push, she said, "Stop! I'll go call your Dr." The Dr. said he'd be there in 20 minutes, so we waited. When he got there, I started pushing. Two contractions and 5 pushes later, Emery was born!

Everything about my delivery was amazing! I was so surprised and happy with how fast and smooth everything went. I was comparing everything with Ty's delivery, which was 16 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing! I'm thinking I'll induce every time.... who knows how many times that will be. I don't even want to think about it. It won't be for quite a while!!!


It took Ty a few days to adjust to having a baby in the home taking the attention of Mom & Dad away from him. He was super fussy and clingy, getting frustrated with every little thing. But he is doing much better. He loves little Emery and always wants to give kisses and watch her. He is going to be a sweet big brother.
YaYa has been a big help here! She has taken off the week to take care of Ty while I take care of Emery and get some rest. She has Ty's schedule full of fun stuff to do. He loves spending time with his YaYa.


9 comments:

hayleemj said...

Congrats on your new addition Abs!!

Brad, Charlsie and Our Little Monkey said...

She is adorable. Ty is definitely a Myers and Emery is looking more like Paxton. Congratulations, I love seeing Ty with his new baby sister.

Rowbury Adventures said...

look at all of that HAIR!!! She is SO beautiful.. and what a good big brother she has..

Buzz and Camille said...

Congrats Abby! I'm glad you had such a smooth delivery! Emery looks tan!

Kiera said...

congrats Abby! she is beautiful! (i was induced with both of mine and I love it...so easy!)

Shurtliff Family said...

Congrats you guys! She's a beauty! That's forsure! Her hair is to die for!

Glad to hear everything went SO smoothly and wonderful! That always makes it more enjoyable. I wish every mother smooth deliveries, but that is not always so. ;) Hope things are well at home. SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

I love reading Labor stories!! And I'm so glad that this was a smooth one for you! 5 minutes of pushing... you go girl!!! I hope with my next one, I will only have to push for that long!! ha ha! Emery is a beauty! I LOVE all the dark hair!!! Take care Abs! Glad you have some help so you can get some rest! :)

hilaryawb said...

She's adorable!! Congrats, I'm glad labor was fast!

Matt and Amber said...

Look at all that hair! She is adorable. Wow Abby you are super mom! I love it! Cute family.