4.27.2009

Advice

Anyone have advice or tips on what kind of strollers are good, brands or kinds of tried and tested strollers.  I'm wanting a jogging stroller.  Also what about baby swings?  And car seats? And high chairs? And... anything else I'm not asking about and you've got tips- I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

The Bob Revolution strollers are the BEST EVER!!! Totally worth every penny!

Wiseguys said...

We have a baby swing, baby bouncer, and baby exer-saucer that you are welcome to borrow. We don't use any of them right now and we're not planning on needing them before you're done with them... so let me know if you want to borrow any of it!

With Madison we just got a booster seat that sits on a kitchen chair and has a tray. That worked great for her high chair and it was much less expensive. With Jax we got an actual high chair. We just got a cheaper one at Target and I've loved it. My only advice in that area is DON'T get the most expensive one :)

Haylee said...

I really like the combi brand of stroller and car seat.

As for the high chair I agree with the person above that a booster seat with a tray that can attach to a chair is the way to go. High chairs can take up a lot of room, and the booster will adjust to when they are older too.

We didn't have a swing at first with Jackson, but later bought a travel one... takes up less room. (when you are in a small apartment, baby stuff makes it crowded... it is amazing how much those little guys need!)

Anjeanette said...

Seriously, they only thing you need to really look into is a jogging stroller. That, you will want a good one. Everything else, no matter what brand or price, is about the same. May as well get the most inexpensive or borrow it. Do what ever you can afford.

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

My sister has a BOB revolution stroller as mentioned above, I agree it's AMAZING and am defiantly going to get one!

Jeni said...

ok all I have to say is the BOB is the first stroller that we spent money on. well the first anything we spent money on. all other carseats, strollers, etc we spent bare minimum at the store. I mean they aren't gonna make one that doesn't work right? they all have to be approved by the FDA. But I am glad we didn't spend tons ebcause everything else has worked great and still works great. When you do get a running stroller and other stroller though my #1 thing is drink holders and a large basket underneath! as for baby swings etc. we had a swing for nat and I always wanted a little bouncer seat. We also have a big jumper now and all have been used alot. another must? BUMBO chair.

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

We just bought a Phil&Teds stroller and I am SOOOO excited about it! It is a jogger stroller, a lot like the BOB (Baby on Board) but the cool thing about it is that you can buy a second seat later that turns it into a double! That is what we got it for, and I wish that I would have bought it the first time around! They are spendy (We paid $500) but the nice thing is that it can be a single and a double, so you wont have to go back next time around and buy a double stroller! You should look into it. Just google Phil&Teds or you can ask me more about it if you are interested. For car seats I would go with the lighest! haha Graco is the lightest, if you are looking for the safest we have researched ad found that peg prego is the safest, but also most expensive! High Chairs, I have the Eddie Bauer wood one and I LOVE it! Swings, make sure you get one that swings side to side and front to back. Some babies prefer one way over another. Wow this is long...sorry! I hope it helps!

Kirsten said...

Hey Abby, I found your blog and decided to look at it, I hope that's okay. You can check mine out at bkarthur.blogspot.com. Congrats on the baby!! I just had a baby and bouncy seats are a must. We bought the cheapest one we could find and it is working out great. I also have a stroller that you can set the baby carseat on top of and I have loved it, it is great for when they fall asleep in the car and you don't want to wake them up. I borrowed ours from my sister in law though, I have no idea how much they are. I still don't know what carseats are the best, I had my sister in law and mother in law choose it so I didn't have the stress of it. It is a Graco though and we have enjoyed it. I agree with high chairs, you can get boosterseats or even bumbos that work great. Bumbos are expensive though so I suggest looking for one on ebay or craigslist. Hope all goes well!

Kirsten (Reed) Arthur

Jessica said...

For carseats gracos are the best! I got a phil&teds stroller and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can job with it, or walk around the mall and hopefully hike with it this summer too!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

GRACO SNUGRIDE gets top consumer reports ratings in crash tests and such. I think Peg Perego gets the highest rating (I haven't checked in awhile) but they're way more expensive. Graco does the same thing but for cheaper:) Plus Graco makes such cute stuff.
Swing - we had the back and forth kind first but hated it and gave it away. Then went with the Fisher-Price cradle style swing that rocks SIDEWAYS or back and forth. So much better. Love that thing. I can't tell you how many nights Sophie slept in that thing while I made camp next to her on the sofa...
High chairs...well, I have a Peg Perego that I got as a gift and I LOVE IT. But since I got it all of the major brands - Evenflo, Graco, Fisher-Price - have all started making ones that are exactly like it. Save the bucks, get a cheap one!
Stroller. From another runner I have to agree to go with a high-end jogging stroller. Save the money on everything else and spend it HERE! With my single jogger I got a basic Baby Trend from Babies R Us. I thought it worked fine and I used it a lot. When I had Miles Chase got me a Dreamer Design Double jogger. When I pulled it out of the packaging I realized that it weighed the EXACT SAME as my single jogger. On the road it pushed SO MUCH SMOOTHER. So yeah, spend the money on the stroller. Since then I've only gotten nicer strollers because they take so much abuse and continue to work well. I like my Maclaren for a small, umbrella-style stroller.

Jaimie said...

Holy cow!!!! ABBY!! How are you? So I was on Ashley MacKay's blog, and saw the link to Hobson Times so I clicked on it so I could curse the girl who named her blog the same as me. But then it was you! And my anger melted away. :) Haha... When did you get married? When are you due? Congratulations on the little one. SOO exciting. Wow, I'm just so happy I found you! Yay. Where do you live? Where do you work?