1.30.2009

Maternity Clothes

Yeah, I think I really want to get some now. My regular clothes- mostly my jeans are too small now. They are pretty snug to begin with, so now that baby is in there- I've had to unbutton them to be comfortable. Is that normal so soon? I need to post a pic- so I will soon , but it seems so early to already have a little pooch... everyone's different I guess. It's just so weird what your body goes through and the changes it makes so quickly. I am getting more and more excited each day about this little baby. I just can't wait now to find out if it's a boy or girl.
So- I need maternity clothes- what are the best places to get them? Anyone?

16 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yeah! you get to wear maternity clothes. I started wearing them as soon as I found out I was pregnant.....yes, I was a little excited. As for clothes....my suggestion is borrow. Seriously, you will spend a ton, and wear them for a couple of weeks, then need bigger clothes. It's not worth all the money. I borrowed all of Leslie's clothes. It was nice......and cause she has cute clothes.. He he! If you are really wanting new, go Old Navy or Target. They have pretty good stuff.

hayleemj said...

I loved my maternity clothes! My jeans i got from motherhood maternity and I got SO many compliments on them. People (who were single and not pregnant) wanted to know where I got them... I had to tell them they were maternity. But they were so comfy!!
Motherhood is a bit more pricey so I also got a lot from Old Navy.
Another good thing is that with the new styles regular shirts work as maternity, the ones that are long and wide looking. I got some and they were great for my big belly! (plus I could wear those after I was pregnant too and they worked great right after the babe was born and I still had a pooch to hide)
Sorry for the novel... haha

Rowbury Adventures said...

ohhh goodness how fun for you!! you'll look so good in your maternity clothess i just know it

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oooh! I was at the Pumpkin Patch store at Willowbend mall yesterday and they have maternity clothes on sale. A whole rack of jeans, all priced at $10. I didn't bother looking since I don't need anything but you should go check it out!! It's right next to the play area (by Auntie Annes).

Kelly said...

JCPenny doesn't always have the cutest, but I've got a lot off the $4 rack!

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

There is always motherhood Maternity, but they tend to be really expensive. Sometimes you can find some really cute things at Old Navy and Target!

Jeni said...

Ya I hate when that happens!! I love target maternity and there is usually good sales.

Kim said...

Seriously, Abs, the only maternity pants that fit me right were from Motherhood Maternity, so while they may be a little bit more expensive, I think it is worth it, unless you want to feel like a big bag in clothes that don't really fit. At least that was me. Even if you just have one pair and wear them everyday, so be it!

shahna said...

You don't know us but we are old friends of Paxton's. congratulations on the new baby. We hadn't heard. we live in the Frisco Stake now so we are a little out of the loop. I check your blog out every once in awhile. Tell Paxton that Brent and Shahna Argyle said hi!

critts said...

I say hold off on the maternity clothes because they won't really fit either. If I were you I'd invest in a bella band to make your pants fit longer (this will work for at least a few months) and buy a few bigger regular shirts because you'll need something to wear right after the baby is born anyway because sadly most people don't jump right back into their normal clothes.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

oh, also gap always has REALLY cute and cheap off season stuff, just buy it cheap for the end. You wont need it for a WHILE anyway.

Jill and Ryan said...

I started wearing maternity cloths really early. Do not worry, every person is different. I am super excited for you guys.

Corrie Buchanan said...

I started showing really early. I got most of my maternity clothes from Old navy. I liked them because they have clothes for different stages. For instance, right now you probably just need comfort...so they make clothes with just about 3 inch elastic band at top....then as you get big they have the full panel pants. Or right now you could always do the rubber band trick with your pants- loop it around your button..through the hole...and back around the button. If you wear longer shirts no one can tell! I have some maternity clothes if you need them. They might be big cause I had two babies in there...but you are more than welcome to try anything!

Jessica said...

I highly recommend the clearance and sale sections of Gap and Old Navy Maternity. I got most of mine online. Gap and Old Navy are nice because if you buy them online if they end up not fitting you can send them back for free!

Jessica said...

I highly recommend the clearance and sale sections of Gap and Old Navy Maternity. I got most of mine online. Gap and Old Navy are nice because if you buy them online if they end up not fitting you can send them back for free!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

I prefer Motherhood as well. However I recommend buying a few pants up a size or so and where those until you are like 5mo... then maternity from there on. Then after you have baby and can't stand your maternity clothes anymore and want to wear normal you go back to those bigger normal pants. They are great in between pants. A lot of the maternity pants don't fit that great until further on. But again every body is totally different.