11.19.2008

Chop Chop









Here's my new do.  Kathleen was SO SO nice and agreed to cut my hair last night.  She's amazing- for just having a baby 3 weeks ago! Thanks Kathleen.  
I know you're all wondering HOW MUCH hair I cut off huh? Can you believe I cut off 14 INCHES ?!?!?! I was so amazed that I had that much hair to cut off, and some more to work with for my new do.  I was very happy. 
So I am donating my hair to an organization called Looks Like Me.  Their minimum donation is 12 inches.  They use the donated hair to make hair pieces for children with cancer and other illnesses that cause hair loss. 
Paxton loves my hair short and says he wants me to keep it this way for awhile.  I love it too! Let me know whatcha think!

21 comments:

Sariah said...

Your hair was SOO long!! I think my hair has grown about 14 inches in the last 10 years... sad day! I like the way your hair looks short! Way cute!

Jill said...

Super Cute Abbey. And sooo cool you know that your hair will go to such a great cause. I only wish my hair grew fast so I could do something similar. I would never be able to cut my hair again to get it as long as your hair was. Kathleen did a great job.

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

Way way way cute Abby!!!! You are so awesome to donate your hair!!! You look beautiful!

Stacia said...

Very CUTE! I love to see dramatic hair cuts. How great that you are able to donate your hair. I have a friend how had breast cancer and now brain cancer and has been able to get wigs from donated hair. You are making it so a child can feel more normal during a very frightening and difficult time in her life. BRAVO!

Bling said...

I love your hair! It looks great!

YaYa said...

I love it!!! That is the perfect haircut for you!!! And for such a wonderful cause!! Looking hot!

Stephanie said...

I love it Abby! You look really good and I can't believe you cut off 14 inches!! You go girl.

Jana said...

SO CUTE! I love it! I don't think I've ever had my hair close to that long before. haha I guess I'm just a short hair person. That is so cool of you to donate it! Some girl will be so blessed because of you! Love it!

Jalayne said...

You sure can rock the short hair, Abby! Way to be brave!

hayleemj said...

Your hair was so long!! I can't believe it. I also cant belive you went so short... I don't think I have ever seen it that short, and I LOVE IT!! You are such a cutie!

Kim said...

Abs, I love it! You look awesome. You are such a generous soul to donate your hair. What a great thing. I would do it too, but if mine gets any longer than it is, it is so stringy and ugly. Yuck.

Anjeanette said...

I can't believe how long it was. I think I do like it better short. It looks so cute, and you will find how much easier it is to take care of. I have been growing mine out, but am now thinking I should just cut it.....maybe like yours. :)

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

You look beautiful! How daring of you. I wish I had the courage. Mine isn't nearly that long but I think I want to grow it really long and then chop and donate myself. I don't know what I would do if my hair was too short for a pony tail though -I live for those =). I love the style you chose!

meohmyers said...

Oh my gosh! You are adorable! I love your haircut. I can't believe how long it was - enough to cut off 14 inches?! Crazy! I'm so glad you found my blog. We don't get to see you all very often and this is a great way to keep in touch!

Streett's said...

Love it Abby! You look so cute!

Brittany Swanson said...

Wow! So cute! Okay... if Kathleen's back in business I'm next. ha!

Johannes and Christine said...

Wow! That's a lot of hair, but I love the new do - it's super cute! My hair isn't nearly as long as yours was, but I've been dying to cut it short...maybe over Thanksgiving :) Hope all is well with you and Paxton!

Shurtliff Family said...

Your hair looks fab Abs! Love it! You are one of those lovely girls that can go long or short-- you look marvelous either way! This particular cut is definitely the new you though!

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

Hey Abby! I love your hair short! I haven't talked to you in so long! I am glad that I can across your blog!

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
critts said...

I know this is a little late but I LOVE it!