Last night and all of Saturday morning we had a Stake Volleyball Tournament. We had 3 teams- women's, men's, & co-ed. Our women's team won last night, so we played again this morning and won, so we made it to the championship. Unfortunately we lost against the young single adult team. Our men's team got out quickly with the double elimination, losing both matches last night. Our co-ed team did about the same thing as the men's. We played our two matches and lost both. Bummer. But it was still fun. There were so many people on our team that we had to wait awhile to rotate in and out. We decided next year we're forming TWO teams for all divisions so we can all play more- and hopefully play better. It was still a lot of fun. Every time I have opportunities to play volleyball, I get so excited. However, my competitive side quickly comes out whenever we start playing badly. I have to keep reminding myself that it's just for fun. But ya know- sometimes I don't want to play "just for fun." I wanna get really aggressive slam the ball in the opponent's face. Oh and it didn't help that the courts were mini's. Yeah I hit it and served it out a few times. Grrr. Besides the frustrations, I had a lot of fun! We've captured a few glorious moments of the event.
Paxton's notorious 1-handed block while looking away. hehe
Unfortunately, this pass was the point to lose the match :( {Should I have posted that?}
Finally, Paxton is done with this one client where he had to work 60 hours/wk. I hated it, and so did he. But we think he's done now, so he'll be back it the norm-40 hour weeks.
I am still training for my half and I'm getting faster and faster. It's pretty exciting - it's coming up quickly. Only a month away! 13 miles used to seem like such a long run. Well it still does, it just seems achievable now.
Alright- that's it. Peaceout!



6 comments:
Looks like you have been having fun. That's fun that you guys play volleyball, and the jet-skiing, well that's just fun anyway. Cute pictures.
Volleyball is so fun! I love it, except in church volleyball it's frustrating. Hope you guys do better next year! Jet skiing is so fun! I went to Lake Powell this summer, and we were on the jet skis and my friends wouldn't do cookies with me. They thought that it sounded too scary. And in my head I was like, "but Abby does them all the time." Ha, so I was bummed, but it looks like you had fun.
You always were the athlete, weren't you? I am glad you are doing that for "fun" even though the competitive side comes out! Hey, I say that's allowed every once in a while!
Wow that's an awesome shirt you wore for volleyball! Who designed that one? Way to go Volleyball Intramural Champ 2004!!
So I heard you are getting pretty fast. Now I can't remember what Paxton told me on Saturday(that was almost a week ago and I'm getting old) but I remember thinking WOW!
You did great at the volleyball game. We sure are lucky to have you playing on our team!!
That's so fun that you guys had a stake volleyball Tournament!! It's been so long since I last played volleyball... like over a year I think! Good luck with your marathon!!!
Post a Comment