Last Saturday a couple friends (Kelly & Sam) and myself ran a 10K at the Dallas Arboretum. This was my first official race. I ran the Susan G Komen race 1 year ago, but that doesn't count. So it was pretty exciting to see how everything works. The runners had to line up according to their pace per mile. I should've been at the 8:00-8:30 marker, but well Kelly & Sam are way faster than me, so I started with them. They quickly ran off ahead of me once the race started though. Haha- it was expected. Anyway, my 'unofficial goal' was to run the 6 miles in 50 min or less. Unfortunately I didn't meet that goal. Here are my stats:

My division was age 20-24. So anyway, it was a fun experience. I was really counting on my adrenaline to give me a little more energy than it did. Oh well. I am just hoping it will help me in my half-marathon. Eeek! Unfortunately this week has not been a good one. I have been SO tired. Who knows why. My alarm goes off at 5:25 am and my eyes can hardly open. Usually I'm pretty good about getting up and going, but this week I just have been so exhausted. I've only run 3 miles on Tuesday- and those 3 miles were tough! Someone, please give me something to re-motivate me. After training for so long, you kinda get drained and I think that's where I'm at right now. I've only got 2 more weeks before my race and I'm kind of freaking out because I'm not as motivated as I used to be, and I feel I am digressing in my training.. boo. Ok, enough talk, I'm going to DO something about it... right?!
8 comments:
EXCUSE ME?! That looks like you did awesome. And why the heck are you waking up at 5 something am??? I can't motivate you, there is no way. You might need to motivate my fat, pregnant butt to get off the couch and stop eating teddy grahams and do something productive with myself, but I hightly doubt that is going to happen...so...just remind yourself that you are definitley not as pathetic as me!!!
I still can't believe you're going to do a half marathon! I can't even remember the last time I ran... By the way...GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!! You did sooo good! I'm sure the half won't be as bad... :)
If I just tell you I think you're awesome, will that motivate you. The furthest I've run since having Jaxon is 4 miles and that was a while ago. I've been really drained lately, too. Maybe it's the weather. j/k
You did good Abby! That time is awesome. Ok- so I can't run an 8 minute mile, even when I only run one. Yah...I'm good. :) Maybe set a goal, and have a consequence if you don't make it. I don't know...maybe...you have to rub Paxton's feet everyday for the next month. Would that do it??? :)
You did amazing! WHen I ran the marathon relay I only ran 5 miles and you still beat me with your time!! I ran my 5 miles in 1 hour.
KEep it up, YOU CAN DO IT!!
Abby,
You placed great in your division! #9!!! I didn't even know and we should have celebrated! sweet! you just have to make it through 2 more weeks missy...so push through it, get your running stuff out the night before and don't give yourself an option!
ABBY I am so so proud of you and you are motivating me.. so you had better keep going cause if you aren't motivated... I wont be. so you have to go so I go! I ran 7 miles this week so far... does that motivate you?
Abby- Of course I love checking in on your blog :) I had to comment on this one- you ran 6 miles in under an hour?! That is amaaaaazing! I am totally impressed!
Post a Comment