6.18.2008

Sold!

We promised everyone an update on the status of our offer on this house in Carrollton.  So here it is... it has been sold- to someone else.  This house had been on the market for 5 days, and on the 6th day there were several offers made, including ours.  Unfortunately we were out-bid, and the house has already been sold.  Luckily, Pax & I discussed our finances and realized that we would be able to afford the home, but it's better that we didn't win that bid.  We have decided to save save save!!!  Back to what we have been doing already.  We have many thoughts & ideas with different decisions in our life, and we're still trying to figure everything out.  It did get a little exciting to think we were going to get into a house.  Oh well.  

YogurtParfait-300.jpg

In the meantime, my latest addiction has been fruit/granola/yogurt parfaits.  I have one AT LEAST everyday, sometimes twice a day---- like today.  They are just so good.  You get the health benefit of yogurt and frozen fruit, and it satisfies your sweets/sugar craving!  

I've been feeling the urge more now than ever before to get serious food storage.  After the flood in Iowa, seeing people on TV frantically getting groceries for double the price, stocking up on essentials, and then with gas prices sky-rocketing, I just really feel it is so important to get good food storage & kits ready to grab n go.  It is just so hard with the limited space of an apartment.  These events happening throughout the world are definitely 'signs of the times.'  It's kind of exciting to think it's all starting- but then it scares me to think I haven't even started raising my children.  I can't imagine the kinds of struggles that they will have to face growing up. It scares me to think I will be their parent through these times.  I'll feel so accountable for every little thing they do. Hmm I guess I'll hopefully just know what to do when the time comes.  
Ok- so I know I am rambling.  I think it's time for bed.
Last quick thought- Pax and I are counting down the days til our Caribbean Cruise!!  129 days!

3 comments:

YaYa said...

Sorry about the house, but things always happen for the best,,even though it may not seem like it at the time. Those parfaits sound good to me this morning!!! Love you both!

Haylee said...

Yeah, we looked into a house too for when we move to memphis, but we decided to just do the apartment thing and save save save too! SIGH... someday we'll both be in houses! :)

Jeni said...

I cant wait for your cruise!! you guys will have so so much fun!
Sorryabout the house... maybe next time you will look in LE!