This post is dedicated to my sister, Katie! She came from Idaho to Texas to visit me for a week during Thanksgiving. We had this trip planned for about 5 months, and it finally came to pass last week!!! YAY! And BOO at the same time-- because now she's gone!
We had lots of fun while she was here though. One thing she was ready for was SHOPPING!! Wow-- she never got sick of it. She got here Tuesday night, so we just hung out. We woke up Wednesday morning ready to go shopping! We went to Grapevine Mills Mall, Garden Ridge, and Sam Moon. That night we made Mexican Meat Pie for dinner, and pumpkin pie for the Thanksgiving Dinner the next day-- as you'll see pics below. Thursday of course, we hung out at Ann & Steve's and ate yummy Thanksgiving dinner, watched football, and slept! Now everybody knows about the "after Thanksgiving Day sales" and Katie wanted to take advantage of it, so we got up early Friday morning and went shopping @ Vista Ridge Mall all day. Then Friday night we met up w/ a bunch of friends and went to SIX FLAGS!! It was lots of fun, but unfortunately Katie has sinus/equilibrium problems... so .. uhh-- yeah it made her a little dizzy and nautious! SORRY Katie! I hope you still had fun! I think she still did. We went out to eat afterwards-- Genghis Grill-- yum! Ok, so then Saturday we were supposed to get up early to go to Tyler, TX to Paxton's aunt & uncle's house, but Katie was still feeling a little sick, and wanted to sleep in. I mean- it was her vacation- and she hadn't slept in once! So- she stayed at the apartment while Pax & I went to Tyler for the day. We came back that night and guess what we did. MORE SHOPPING! We went to the Galleria. That was the biggest mall she'd ever been in with more expensive stores she'd ever seen... all the name brand stores: Tiffany & Co., Gucci, Louis Vuitton... Anyway, but she still bought some clothes. Every time she went shopping she got clothes! She was prepared to spend her money. She had saved up money for this trip- so she went all out when she had the opportunity. After the Galleria, we went out to eat at Uncle Julios. She wanted to go out to eat at a really good mexican restaurant-- so everyone thought-- well that's easy-- Uncle Julio's! She loved it!!
It was so good to have her here for the week. We have so much fun together shopping, laughing, talking, and playing games. Thanks for coming to visit Katie! Miss you already!
6 comments:
Oh thanks Abby! I had so much fun there with you and wish I definitely could have stayed. I miss you already too. That was really sweet of you to post in dedication to me! I love you tons! You are amazing and I couldn't ask for a better sister!!
I think she means she couldn't ask for better sisterS. :) Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. We still missed you both up here in Idaho. Cute pictures.
Your sis is soo nice! We had fun getting to know her! I am glad you took her to julios. I was scared you wouldn't !!
Sorry Anj, that is what I meant! I love you all very, very much! I do have the best sisterS ever!
You guys are such cute sisters, it was fun to get to know Katie, she's way fun! Oh, I miss my sisters........ glad she got to taste Julio's, how fun!
Sounds like so much fun! I wish my sister would come and visit more often. PS - I really want that soup recipe - it sounds good. And anytime you want you can come up the street and borrow a pot to make it!
Post a Comment