1.02.2010

Christmas time

We took Ty to see Santa Clause awhile ago. He sure loved him, and wasn't scared at all. What a sweetie.

We had a fun, relaxing, and WONDERFUL Christmas with Paxton's family. The tradition is to eat out at a Chinese restaurant Christmas Eve. We had reservations for this restaurant, but it had snowed 2+ inches and the roads were too icy to go too far, so we ended up going to Panda Express!! Very classy! We were laughing about going there, but it was actually really good! Before going out to eat, everyone gathered at our house to read the Christmas Nativity story, sing songs and drink some homemade egg nog. It was a fun time.

We stayed the night at Paxton's mom's house Christmas Eve so we could be there Christmas morning. Ty slept in til 8:30. What a sleepster! But he got lots of great gifts for his 1st CHRISTMAS! He's so spoiled. He was actually opening his presents, reaching for the paper and pulling, with a little assistance, but he was still doing it. He loved all the new toys and clothes he got! Thanks Yaya, Mr. Steve, and Aunt Heather! Oh and Santa too!


Cuddling with YaYa.
And here is the table and chair set we got ourselves for Christmas! We really needed this, since our old table was round and only seated 2! This seats 6 and can be made smaller to seat 4. It is counter height, so it's taller than the traditional dining room table. It fits perfectly in our kitchen.
We also got a new digital camera!! I'm super stoked. It's the one I've been wanting for awhile, and it just takes great pictures. Thanks Pax! I also got some perfume, new shoes, frames, and a few other things. Paxton got new shoes, various tools, nerf gun, and other things. Thank you Ann and Steve!
On Christmas Day we went and saw Sherlock Holmes!! We loved it! It was full of action and excitement. For me though, it was kind of hard to understand what they were saying. They spoke so quickly and with that accent, it was just hard to get all the words. BUT, I still loved it. Who doesn't love a movie with Robert Downey Jr AND Jude Law!!
We also had a great New Year's spent at a friend's house. We played games and chatted. We almost missed the countdown, we were having too much fun. Thanks Matt & Molly!
This holiday season has been really nice. Paxton had lots of work off, so we had lots of time to spend together, relax, and have fun. Unfortunately it must come to an end. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. Love the new table and chairs....they look great!

YaYa said...

Christmas was great!!! We had a wonderful time enjoying Ty's first Christmas!!!!

Jeni said...

I FELT THE SAME ABOUT SHERLOCK HOLMES!! HAHA

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!

Wiseguys said...

What a fun Christmas! And yes, Sherlock Holmes was awesome. I don't know who I think is hotter!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

Love the new table!!! It looks great!!! Sounds like your little family had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. You guys are too cute!

Emily Empey said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas I love the holidays! It's exciting with babies too!!!! I love your dining room table! Ty is adorable ! Teething is so hard but they look so cute with their little teeth!!!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

They could be speaking in chinese and Id still watch it, I have a little crush on Jude Law ever since the "HOLIDAY" .. You look Hot Abby.

Lisa said...

I love your table!! I've been dying to get a new one too but I think it's couches first and then a table. So happy you guys had a great Christmas.