7.09.2008

Luxury Cars

08vetteconvt.jpg

I can truly say that luxury cars and sports cars are not over-rated. I used to think they were. The first time I realized that sports cars were not over-rated was when Steve let me drive his brand new bright blue Corvette. I felt so cool driving it. Too bad hardly anybody saw me driving it, as I was staying on the back roads so I wouldn't run into too much traffic or anything. haha. But before driving the Vette, I would see one, or any other sports car on the roads and the driver would always look like they were the coolest person in the world. I would always think, 'Get over yourself. You're not that cool, and your car is way over-rated.' Little did I know how true their actions were in that car, acting like they were The Man. When I got in that Corvette, turned the corner and got from 0-60 in like 5 seconds, I was The (woMan). Those cars are so cool and sure have some umph to em. Love it!


Now luxury cars- still not over-rated. When did I find that out? Today... when I drove one. We have Paxton's dad's Lexus with us, trying to sell it actually. But we have to drive it every so often so the battery doesn't die and drain out. So I drove it to work today. The leather seats, perfect suspension, and V8 engine power make the ride so smooth. I always thought that buying a luxury car was so not worth the extra money you spend- so over-rated. Honda, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, and Nissan cars work just as well as BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, and Cadillac, or so I thought. All I know is, again I felt so cool driving home in the '99 Lexus, and I will think people are really cool when I see them driving a luxury car. Pax can we get one someday?

1 comment:

YaYa said...

So true, you never realize how nice they really are till you drive one!!! Glad you enjoyed driving the "Blue Goose"....you are welcome to anytime!!!! I take it the Lexus is smelling better these days, the charcoal must have worked!!!! You ought to drive it more!!!!!