3.18.2008

Snack Swapper

Can you Texans believe this rainstorm that's passing through? Will it ever stop? This type of weather makes me want to go home and bundle up in a heavy blanket and watch a chick flic or just another good movie. But back in reality, this type of weather makes for a really slow day at work. I sit in front of a computer most of the day, so of course, it led me to browsing the internet.


I initially looked up what a "side ache" is.. ya know, those awful sharp pains in your side when you're running. I got one yesterday that lasted awhile, and tried all I could to keep running and make it go away-- like breathe out on my right side as I'm stepping down, breathe more deeply, contract my abs as I'm running(which works for the most part). I read what causes it, what's going on inside your body when you have those "side stitches" as the experts call them, ways to treat them as you're running, and ways to prevent them. It's very interesting by the way. But that led me to reading about different articles about yoga and pilates and yoga VS. pilates, since I'm looking into start doing one or the other....((p.s. what do you guys think? which is better?)) And then I found this fun website with a "Snack Swapper" activity. It has common "snacks" and "junk food" that you could substitute for healthier snacks. It's always good to see what other options there are for good snacks. Anyway, there are some good ideas and facts...

4 comments:

Jeni said...

all that fruit looks sooo tasty!
And I would say Yoga, I love Yoga. It totally helps when you are stressed and a great rejuvinating workout, once you get real good at the poses! I guess it all depends on what results you are looking for though!

Kelly said...

um, sounds like you need to ANSWER your questions on the fitness blog! ha! and having been a pilates instructor and a yoga instructor...YOGA wins! Pilates just doesn't cut it (it's a lot more fun with the machines, but who has that in their living room?).

Brittany Swanson said...

Hey there, your kitchen stuff looks great, now I want to redo the stuff on our kitchen table!! You have motivated me! And... what's your email? I have to ask your opinion on something fun!

HANSEN/ PORTER wedding said...

way to go being healthy. Yeah, I want to start Yoga too. I took this real age test and one of the reasons I'm "older" is because I don't do enough flexibility stuff.