2.09.2007

"The Reserve Chip"


So Abby and I sat down today for a delicious plate of Chili/Chip burritos. They were really good, but we still had some left-over chili. What should we do??? Abby, being the genius she is, decided to put some cream cheese in the left-over chili and we had it as a dip with some chips. It was really really good. Anyway, as we were eating, we were pulling chips out of the bag, putting them on our plate, and then dipping and eating. Most people will eat all of the chips on their plate and then go to the bag for some more. Abby became curious as to why I would always keep one chip on my plate at all times while going back for more. I explained to her the "reserve chip" principle. This principle states that you must always keep a reserve chip on you plate in case the dip gets so scarce that there is only enough for one more chip. In that case, you do not have to panic and rush to the bag fighting the competition, you simply take your reserve chip and claim your prize.
Once I explained this to Abby she immediately found her own reserve chip. I made the mistake of reveling my principle to the competition, so now it was only a matter of time. As the chili came to an end I hesitated and Abby made the final kill, and got the last of the dip (beginners luck). Here are some pics of the action...


2 comments:

Jeni said...

I always new Abby had it in her!! Nice work... I will beat ya'll to it down here so BRING IT!!

YaYa said...

What a novel idea!!! I usually just shove them in until there are no more left.....but I have to admit there is a lot of thought involved in that theory!!!!!! You guys are nuts!