Man, it's hard to keep this thing up to date!
Well, in the last half of August, Ty started Kindergarten!! We were all so excited for him! He had a great first couple of days, and on the 3rd or 4th day, got a little tired of it. He said he didn't want to go all the time. It's a hard adjustment having to leave home all day for 5 days a week! I really wish we had half days here, but we don't so we have to make the best of it. He had a really rough couple of weeks at the beginning where he never wanted to go, cried on his way to school, and complained in the morning before he even left. By the end of the day though, he was always happy and seemed to have a fun time. I asked him why he didn't want to go to school and he said he wanted to stay home and play all day. It's over 2 months into school now, and he doesn't complain as often about going to school, but he doesn't ever really look forward to it. Again, he's always happy by the end of the day, but I am sad that he doesn't get excited about going. Maybe once Emery goes to his school, he will get excited about going.... maybe?
He was such a cutie pie on his first day!
The end of his FIRST day of Kindergarten!!
So I've completed many projects at our house, but this was definitely the hardest and most time-consuming, and also the most gratifying! I spent many hours sanding, staining 2 coats, glazing, sanding again, cutting, then sanding the edges again to finally be able to put them up on our wall! I bought new fence boards in 2 different widths, so trying to create a worn, rustic look was what took the longest! But, it all finally paid off and I am in LOVE with our bedroom!
The finished product... with my DIY headboard as well. Definitely not perfect, but it finishes off the room so well. Eventually I want to re-do my side tables so they pop, instead of blend in with the wood wall, and also get a couple cool lamps.
Emery started her first soccer season!
She has enjoyed playing I think. She mostly runs around the field following everyone else, and isn't the most aggressive one out there, but she has a smile on her face while she's out there, so we are happy because she seems happy!
Cute Brin. I pulled her hair up in 4 ponytails - made her look older.























No comments:
Post a Comment