12.11.2011

dat be fun



We went to an ugly Christmas sweater surprise birthday party for our friend Brian!  It was so much fun!  There were about 25-30 people there, all in ridiculously ugly sweaters... it was so awesome! There were lots of fun friends, yummy food, and fun games!  Jeni planned some fun games inspired by the TV show Minute to Win It.  Lots of good laughs.  I especially loved the tacky photo booth that was set up with the single strip of christmas wrapping paper taped on the wall.   Perfect touch. 
When I went to thrift stores trying to find a perfect ugly sweater, there were none to be found. So I called Paxton's mom, Ann.  I'm glad I could rely on her to cover for us.  She had the perfect sweaters!  When it came to getting dressed, I got my ensemble on, shoulder pads and all.  Paxton put the sweater on and parted his hair to the side, but still need one last touch.  And then he put those black rim glasses- and then it was complete!  We had so much fun!!

We decorated our house for Christmas the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  The kids loved having the Santa hats on.  They looked so cute! 





Ty got a hold of a curtain rod I have hiding behind our couch... so the kids were playing together.  It looks pretty dangerous, but it was all under control.

Emery absolutely LOVES books.  She will sit anywhere and flip through the pages back and forth.  She always brings books to us, wanting us to read to her.  She has a favorite book- Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See.  We read it so many times, I had to hide it because I was so sick of it. 






After bath time, Ty & Em loving playing together.  Ty likes putting the towel on his head and running around, letting the towel fly up like a cape.
Ty also likes to drink his "bottle" with Emery on the chair.



Emery with her books and milk.  


Ty is really funny.  He is very particular about things.  He has to do them a certain way.  One night, Daddy taught him how to climb up in to his crib.  Ever since then, Ty has to climb in all by himself for naps and bedtime.  He also has to climb into the bath by himself.  At night when I leave his room for bed, he always has to say "Bye bye, see ya later, have fun, love you too!" Really fast!  And then I say, "I love you too!"  And he says again "I love you too!"  And then I say again "I love you too." And he will say it again, but I only say it twice !  Haha!  
Another funny thing Ty does, is in the car, if I'm not driving with 2 hands on the wheel, he will say, "Mommy! Drive like this!" and he'll put up his hands at 10 & 2.  Way to watch out for our safety buddy!  Thank you!
He has picked up on words that we say.  Awhile ago he would always say, "Uuuuummmmm" before he answered me.  Now something he says a lot is "Thas so annoyiiiiiiing!!"  He also says, "Mommy, Ty sad" or "Ty tired" or "Ty happy!"  And "Dat be fun!" or "Dat so fun Mommy!"

Emery is such a happy, sweet, and cuddly baby!  She has learned to hold her own with Ty.  When Ty runs near her, she squats down a little and braces herself for a fall, if she needs to.  She flinches when Ty walks by.  Sad, but funny.

We had a great Thanksgiving, and are now really looking forward to Christmas!  We've already driven around town and looked at Christmas lights, drinking peppermint hot chocolate, and sang Christmas songs.  Life is good, and we are so blessed!

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your ugly sweaters are so great!!! What a fun party! And the picture of the kids fighting with the curtain rods reminds of Star Wars! Hahaha!!! Ty and Emery are adorable together, you have beautiful kids!

YaYa said...

Great pics!!!! Love those babies!!!

Andrews Family said...

WAy cute family picture! Abby you look so pretty, as always!