We just got in from our San Antonio trip for our 5 year anniversary. We had a blast! Since Abby always does the blog posts, I figured I would finally do one. Anyway, I took off work Friday and we flew down to San Antonio Friday morning to start our weekend:
Lunch at Whole Foods Market (we love that place)
Me being stupid
After lunch, we had a 60 minute couples massage scheduled. I have only had one massage my whole life and I was pretty young so I don't really remember it. This one was so nice!! I think I am hooked now. It was really relaxing. After the massage, we checked into our super nice hotel called The Best Western :) It was actually pretty nice for a Best Western but it was kind of in a shady part of town. Let's just put it this way; when Octavio at the front desk tells you to not walk West of the hotel at night, you are not in a nice area. Octavio was cool though, he hooked it up while we were there.
After we checked in, we decided to go out to eat somewhere we could watch the Rangers game. We went to a hamburger place and watched the Rangers lose the World Freaking Series that they had in the bag the night before!!! That seriously put a damper on the night but we got over it pretty quick when we got back to the hotel room. What?
Okay, the next day we woke up early and went to the San Antonio Temple. For all of you who plan to go to this temple in the future, just FYI, you have to have a reservation to do a session. Crazy huh? We didn't have one so they put us on a "standby list". Luckily, we made it in and the temple is beautiful inside, its really amazing. Afterwards, we walked around and took some pictures below:
I love this Tree of Life stained glass window
Creeper pic #1
Creeper pic #2
Creeper pic #3... Oh wait, thats a normal one
Aww, thats cute...
I almost broke my ankle on this one
Creeper pic #3
After the temple we decided to walk into downtown and tour the city. This was an old Cathedral built in the late 1700's. Whats more amazing than anything about this picture is that I caught a bird in mid-flight just to the left of the tower on the right.
Down on the Riverwalk
They were filming these two guys for a commercial. They were two local wrestlers that are going to have a big match in a couple of weeks. After they were done, I went up and asked the guy on the left when the match was? He looked at me and said, "Right now!!" It was pretty funny until he had me in a full nelson.
We saw tons of weddings going on
This guy was cool
Remember the Alamo!!! Since Abby grew up in Idaho, she missed out on Texas history so we read all of the exhibits in the Alamo. She is an expert now.
Being goofy
Saturday night we went to Fogo de Chao. Wow, it was so good but we ate way too much meat. It was a really nice restaurant right on the Riverwalk.
Sunday we woke up and went to a local church for Sacrament meeting. Abby was a little nervous because the majority of the ward was latino's but they ended up doing the meeting in English. It was their primary program so we had a good time watching all the kids and it made us miss our kids!!!
After church we cruised on over to the Mexican Market. It is located in downtown but is separate front he Riverwalk. This was way cooler than the Riverwalk. They had tons of little shops, live music, and good places to eat. Here we are at Mi Tierra Mexican Restaurant:
These guys sang a love song to us. They came up to us and said: "Would you like a love song?" I said, "yeah sure". We listened, clapped, and I gave them $3 (a tip) and said "thanks guys, that was awesome!" The guy in the blue shirt paused for a second, looked at me, and said "Its 6 dollars". Haha, we laughed so hard, but what did they expect? They didn't tell us it cost any money. From then on, we just laughed at other people's surprised looks as they went from table to table.
Here is a short video of their performance. I think it was worth $6.
After that it was time to head back to the airport to go home. We were ready to come home and see the kids. Luckily, they were still up when we got home and we got to play with them and give them the prizes we bought them. We are so lucky that Yaya, Melanie, and Mr. Steve were able to come out and watch them for us!!! Thanks guys!!!
Lastly, this is a video of Abby and I just being goofy. I love Abby so much, we have so much fun together. It's so amazing how we can get away for a weekend and fall in love all over again.
5 comments:
LOL! I was laughing at this post. So Paxton...so not Abby. "What?"
You guys are so adorable. Super cute couple. I love that you are so different but so perfect for eachother. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
What a fun trip!! So jealous that you two go away like that. I wish...maybe someday if they EVER release my hubby from Scouts. Awesome trip and thanks Paxton for such an entertaining blog post. ;)
Aw, sweet post Paxton!
Good post Paxton! Cool creeper pics.
Fun trip! I love San Antonio!
AAAHHH, I love the riverwalk! You guys are so freakin funny! I love Paxton's creeper pics, laughed my head off. Abby, you are so pretty! So glad you guys were able to have a little getaway!!! Love and miss you all!!
Post a Comment