10.03.2011

Busted

This morning, Ty had an accident and busted the back of his head.  It wasn't bad enough that he needed stitches, but almost.  
He was on our bed playing with Paxton's guitar.  He set it down and had gone to the bottom of our bed, and then fell back, wanting to land on the pillows behind him.  Well, the guitar was on the pillows, so his head hit the corner of the guitar, and he immediately started screaming.  I was in the room and ran over to pick him up.  I didn't know there was blood until he put his hand on the back of his head and then put it on my cheek and shoulder.  I was so frightened by all the blood, since this is Ty's first big accident.   I tried washing off as much blood as I could to see how bad the gash was in his head.  He wouldn't let me touch it too much since it hurt him too badly.  I decided I'd go to a Dr. Office just right around the corner.  And if he needed stitches, I'd go the the ER right next to the said office.  I had to pick up 2 girls from school in 10 minutes, so I drove by the school to see if I could get them early, but noticed no one was out.  I looked at the school sign which said their early release time was in another hour!  So I had time to go to the Dr. Office.  We got in quickly, they took a look at it and said it is in fact open, but when you try to pull it apart, it doesn't move.  So it wasn't a very deep cut, and it would soon heal and scab over.  They cleaned it up as best they could, put Neosporin on it and told me to continue putting Neo on and give him Tylenol.  
Ty has been just as happy as can be.  His head still bleeds now and then, so I try to clean it as much as he will let me.  That sure gave me a scare this morning! I'm just thankful he doesn't need stitches.


Well, here are pictures from our trip to the zoo almost a month ago.  Oops.  At least they're here.






 Ty LOVES monkeys ... like totally LOVES them!  Weeks after our trip to the zoo, he still talked about them.  





 More MONKEYS!

 Ty was WORN OUT by the end of our ZOO TRIP!


Awhile ago we blew up 3 Aerobeds and kept them up throughout the day to see which lasted and which had holes.  The kids had a blast!


Gettin' into the food...

Em's got a chip on her shoulder... not sure why...

I realized I haven't posted her stats on her 9 month appointment.  Her 1st Birthday is coming up in 3 weeks, so I thought I'd post her 9 month...
Height: 29" - 90%
Weight: 19lb 6oz - 70%
Head: 18.25" - 95%
She doesn't seem like she has a big head, but she sure is TALL!
We just LOVE HER to pieces.


Ty's car spiral!

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Is it just me or is she is starting to look like Ty!?!

So sad about his head injury!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

So sad about Ty's injury!!! Payton has had a couple good goose eggs in the last month or so! The kid is all over the place... he is all boy though! Your Ty is such a cutie!!!! And Emery is sooooooo adorable!!!!