2.10.2011

What we're up to.

LOTS OF PICTURES BELOW!! Enjoy!

"What you lookin at?" Ty waking up from a nap.

Ty loves Emery! He plays with her and tries giving her toys and making her laugh by laughing in her face. It works! Emery loves him back! She always smiles whenever he gets near her. It is so sweet! I know they'll have so much fun playing together as they get older.
But then there are times where he is jealous that I'm holding her, so he hits and throws things at her. I think she can sense what mood he's in, because I think she gets scared of him sometimes. Lately, Ty's jealousy has gotten worse. Almost anytime that I have Emery, he gets whiny and wants my attention more than ever. I hope this phase passes quickly!


I've been in the cooking/baking mood lately! I've tried new recipes almost every day. It's so fun, and I've found some delicious recipes. Paxton's been pretty impressed with the meals lately. Our favorite so far is the baked creamy chicken taquitos. YUM!!!!! The picture above are the french bread rolls. I made these to use as sloppy joe buns. I use these 2 sites from the linked recipes above, and Pioneer Woman. I'm having tons of fun and wish I could have more time, more money, more ingredients, and more tools to make everything!!
We got a bunch of snow the past 2 weeks. School and most people's work was cancelled-- except Paxton's of course. But he still found time to play with Ty in the snow.



Emery is going through the phase where she wants to be held and walked around. She can tell when you're sitting down, and starts crying. Thank goodness I've got a Moby wrap to keep her happy.
For the last 3-4 weeks Ty has been teething like crazy! I stuck my finger in his mouth and felt 6 teeth coming in!! Ouch! Poor guy. I just had to give him a popsicle to sooth some of his pain. He sure loved it, I had to give him 2. I didn't feel so bad since they were sugar-free.

He loves eating olives off his little fingers! Makes em fun to eat!

I made these leg warmers from adult knee-high socks. Price? $1 !! Price for "Baby Legs" $10. Yeah, I'll go for the $1 ones.


Ty has been playing by himself really well lately, which has been AWESOME for me. He'll go off to his room for 20-30 minutes at a time. I found him doing this the other day-- lining up all his cars & trucks. He loves to do that, and does it often. I also found him sitting and reading his favorite truck board book. There's a certain page that he likes best with a monster truck. He has his own monster truck that we've been letting him sleep with - that's how much he loves his trucks. One night Paxton & Ty were watching monster truck videos on Youtube up until Ty's bed time. Once we quit the videos and started putting him to bed, he got so mad and wouldn't stop crying. The only thing that would calm him was giving him his monster truck in his crib. What a silly kid. I love him so much.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I need a moby wrap! Tristan is the same way about being held.

Rowbury Adventures said...

You have snow!! What?? and your little emery does look like my niece, they also share the same trait that right when you sit down she starts to fuss... You are such a good mom, love the pictures!

Brandon and Sarah said...

I love the mobi wrap...I got one with Ella and it was a lifesaver! I think Brody was about Ty's age and he took all his cars and lined them up in size order. It was hilarious!

Jeni said...

You are cute.the leggings are cute. The kids are super cute! And yes those phases pass!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Abby! I can't believe it's been like half a year since we have seen you guys. I can't wait to see that baby girl, hopefully i will see her b4 i have my own girl to drool over! So, looks like y'all had some serious fun during the entrapment days.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

oh, PS..your new hair is adorable! I wish Jon would let me have short hair! you are looking so good!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

I love the leg warmer idea... great for baby gifts too! I have to say that i love your hair cut and that your kids are adorable!! You are such a good blogger! As for the kiddos... it won't be long and they will be good little playmates.

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

So I totally noticed the blue chair and thought we had the same one. My dad got Payton's at Sam's club. Payton LOVES it! And yes I totally wish we lived closer to each other cuz these little guys would be best buds!!! They are so similar!
When I switched Payton to whole milk I just gave it to him cold and he chugged it from that moment on. And I use the Nesquick strawberry powder mix for Payton's milk in the morning. That's the only time he gets a little strawberry milk... then it's plain throughout the day but he totally loves it! Don't know what to say about how to change heating the milk for Ty. It's so nice not to have to do that.
And your little lady is getting sooo cute!!! You have the most adorable little family! :)