2.21.2011

tall babies

Today I took the kids to the Dr. for their well-checks. Ty is 18 months, and Emery is 4 months. They are both really tall, but Emery is packin' on the pounds!! I'm loving her chubby cheeks, tummy, and legs. See it bulging out of her pants... Mm mm.
Ty - 18 months
height: 33.5 in - 90%
weight: 25 lbs - 50%
head: 19.5 in - 90% big head!

Em - 4 months
height: 26 in - 95%
weight: 14lbs 14 oz - 75%
head: 16 in - 50%
(Ty at 4 months...)

Last week Emery got sick with a horrible cough, and lots of mucus. We thought it was croup, but come to find out, the dr. says it's RSV. Poor little baby has been coughing up her lungs, spitting up mucus, and had a runny nose. Her mood hasn't been affected by her illness at all, which is awesome. She's a strong girl.

She is losing her dark hair really quickly, and blonde hair is shooting through! I'm excited to have 2 little blondies running around. Last week at church, I had lip gloss on. I went to kiss Emery's head, and when I came up, I had hair all over my lips. Yuck.

YaYa showed up on Saturday to babysit while we went on a super fun Valentine's Day scavenger hunt & lunch with friends(pics for another post). She brought Ty his new favorite toy- a HUGE monster truck and does all sorts of tricks. He is sorta scared of it when the buttons are pushed, but he loves pushing it around and playing with it. He'll get used to the sounds soon. I don't know why he's scared of it though, since his previous favorite toy- the green tractor- made noises too. Whatever.

Ty loves his Dada. For the past 4 days when he wakes up, the first word to come out is "Dada?" It's usually "tractor", but I guess he's becoming more attached to daddy than tractor lately.

When I told Ty to get on the couch to take pictures with the baby, he got mad and started crying. I love Emery's face in the picture.... like "Get over it Ty."

Right after this shot, Ty proceeded to head butt Emery... brotherly love. It didn't even phase her. I have a feeling Emery is going to beat up on Tyzer.

Cute cute cute!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

They are both so cute!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

They are the cutest darn little kiddos ever Abby!!!! I love that one picture where Ty is crying and Emery is like "whatever." ha ha. So darn cute!!

YaYa said...

Of course I am biased, but I think they are just the cutest kids.....and yes that Emery has an attitude in those pics,,,those are great!!! I am just so happy that they are both growing so well and are healthy (usually) happy babies..love to all...

Rachel said...

I did not realize they were quite that close in age. WOW!!! I thought I was having mine close at 21 months apart. You are amazing. Your kids are cute!

Shurtliff Family said...

Way cute Abs! It's so fun to see the pictures of them together. I think they look so alike it's crazy. Lovin' all the pictures and updates!

LissMami said...

They are adorable! Emery is getting so juicy!!! I can't wait to see her as a little blondie. Hopefully we can get together for a walk soon. TTYL!

CJ said...

Hey! I'm Alissa Friend. I helped throw her baby shower and have twin boys! HOw's it going? Have you broken your son of the pacifier yet? We are doing it this weekend. Not going to be fun! Check out my blog!

The Madsen's said...

They are both very cute and are definitely siblings! Having a boy and a girl is so much fun. My little girl is 18 months and my little boy is 3 and they play so well together! Being a mom is fun!