6.10.2010

zucchini bread

While we were at Paxton's Grandpa's house the other weekend, they sent us home with some fresh zucchini, squash, green beans, and new potatoes from his garden, and a lot of it too. It's amazing how you can tell the difference between fresh garden and store bought. Anyway, I had to do something with all this zucchini so of course had to make zucchini bread. I've already made one batch, and am now enjoying my second batch. Each making 2 loaves.
Here's the recipe.

Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 c oil - I put in ground flax seed to sub for some of the oil.
2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 c grated zucchini
3 c flour

Combine all and pour into 2 bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes.

It's yummy. I had to go get myself another slice just talking about it.

But this picture will make ya lose your appetite... and no it's not chocolate.

My appetite is back after seeing these pictures though. Ty is so scrumptious. I just love him.
He has discovered how to open and close the dishwasher door, climb up onto the door, pull out the rack and play with the silverware. He always goes for his spoons. He throws them onto the floor and reaches to pick them up but can't ever reach them. So he goes for something else inside.


Just as Ty likes to pull out the silverware from the dishwasher, so he does with the dvd's... until they're all off the shelf. Then he pushes them across the floor.


I had a little fun taking pictures today of Ty and I.
He knows how to give kisses and understands when I ask for one. Of course he does the wide open mouth kiss, but I still gladly take it. Yum yum.
HOLD UP!
it's blurry, but so darling.

4 comments:

Bling said...

You make the best bread ever! It is so super yummy!!!! I just love Ty. He is just the sweetest. Thanks for being such an awesome Aunt to Katie. She was so excited about spending the night and hanging out.

Kirsten said...

How fun! Jonas does the exact samething with the DVDs. I was okay with it, until he learned how to open the cases and take the DVD out. Now he plays with the discs. Kids are so funny with the things they enjoy and stay entertained with!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

OH Abs your little man is just adorable! Sounds like he is just like Payton... getting into EVERYTHING! We don't have a dishwasher so luckily he can't get into the dishes. LOL! I love the lil' open mouth kisses they give! Payton knows how to give them too but he won't always give them to mommy or daddy but he'll gladly give it to a baby picture in a book or something. The stinker!!!!

Lisa said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!!