10.28.2009

11 weeks

Ty is 11 weeks old today. Last night was his first time sleeping in his crib in his own room. He did great! I still am trying to figure out how to get him to sleep longer though. He's sleeping 7 hours before he wakes up to eat, but I'm wanting him to sleep like 10 hours. I'm hoping he'll just grow into it I guess...

4 comments:

Wiseguys said...

sleeping 7 hours at a time at only 11 weeks is really good. Jaxon didn't sleep more than 4 hours straight until he was more than three months old. I know it's tough, but most babies, unless they are bottle fed, won't really sleep longer than 7 or 8 hours until they're much older (jaxon didn't until I weaned him at 8 months!) However, madi started sleeping 10 hours a night at about 12 weeks, so I think it just depends on the kid!

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

I don't know if you read "Babywise", but i followed it and Clay did not sleep like the book said he would! This was the same case for my sister too. One thing I didn't do was have Dave sooth him in the middle of the night. If Paxton can, you should try it--this way he won't smell the milk. He'll start to realize that he won't get fed when he wakes up in the middle of the night.

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

OHHH I can only hope that Jaylee sleeps for 7 hours someday! She only sleeps for 2 maybe 3 hrs at a time! AHHH I am sleep deprived that's for sure! BE thankful for the 7 hrs of straight sleep that you get... LUCKY lady!

Kiera said...

Ty is so cute!! That's so nice that he's in his own crib now! Cohen is still in a packandplay next to me and he wakes up every 2 -3 hours! Good luck with getting the 10!