6.14.2009

DVR

So when we moved into our 2-bedroom apartment, we were able to get a Dish for cable.  Dish Network threw in a DVR with the purchase, which we are very happy to have and enjoy it everyday! I get to record the few shows that we watch and we don't have to worry about being home on certain nights at certain times to watch our shows, we can just record it and watch it whenever we want.  It took me a little bit for me to remember that I could fast forward through commercials and pause if I needed to get up, but I've got the hang of it now... aaaaannndd it's gotten to the point that I have thoughts come in my head that I want to record my life and be able to rewind or fast forward or pause moments in life.  Usually every weekend I wish I could pause time and just live in Saturday's forever.  I love just being with Paxton ALL DAY and doing whatever it is we have planned or do on the weekends.  Paxton is so entertaining and silly and fun, and is my best friend and I hardly ever get sick of him.  (Yeah-hardly ever-it happens occasionally. :) hehe. )
Now I am wanting also to fast-forward a week, a month, 2 months for all these different events that I am anticipating and want to happen RIGHT NOW!  But it seems to drag and drag.  I can't wait for our trip, the baby shower, my last day of work, Katie to return from her mission, and ultimately our baby boy to be born, which comes with my mom coming to visit.  It's exciting to know so much is going to happen in just a few months...
And lately, what I've really been wanting to rewind is the visible movements of my tummy that baby makes.  There have been multiple times that baby rolled around or did a somersault or some huge movement, and I thought about rewinding that moment so Paxton could see it.  And then of course I realize I can't rewind that moment.  Dang it!  So I have been trying to video record my tummy when baby is most active, but it seems he knows when I turn on that camera because he stops moving completely.  I am determined to record him during one of his little workouts or gymnastic routines he is practicing in there, because it is simply amazing.  I could sit and watch my belly for hours.  It is really incredible to feel and see him moving.  
Although I wish Pax had spend this weekend with me,  I've had a really relaxing weekend without him.  He went to Louisiana to visit his dad and is back now, but while he was gone I went to lunch with some girls, laid by the pool and swam, got a pedicure, and just relaxed with the fam.  Unfortunately I've been sick this whole time with a cold and cough, but I still enjoyed the relaxation time that I really needed. 
Well, I think I'm gonna go eat lunch and my left over homemade cheesecake.  SOOOOO good! 

2 comments:

Rowbury Adventures said...

55 Days to go!! Holy cow that's not very many.. How is everything going i have not heard from ya in a while!

Wiseguys said...

yeah, I feel that way a lot. I always wish that Chris can see how funny the kids are. Then when they get bigger I like it when people are around because I realize more that the "annoying" things they do are actually really funny when you don't have to put up with them every day.