5.11.2009

Bedding and Vacation

We found our baby bedding!!




These are the pictures of the ad from which we purchased.  We found it on Craigslist!  It's brand new, and custom made.  The girl I bought it from thought she was having a boy, but found out later it was a girl, so she bought different bedding- SO- this is new!  The lady SHE bought it from makes bedding and sells it at Canton- a HUGE flea market here in East Texas.  I got it for a killer deal!  We are so excited.  Our crib is a dark cherry wood-- not this light colored crib in the pictures.  Paxton is assembling the crib as we speak, then I can get the bedding on there!  

We got back last night from a week long vacation in Idaho & Utah visiting my family!  It was a much needed and very enjoyable, relaxing vacation!  
I left Saturday morning and flew to Boise arriving around 3pm.  At the beginning it was just supposed to be MY trip home to ID/UT, but 3 hours after I arrived in Boise, my sweet husband showed up knocking at my sister's doorstep!!  I was THRILLED!  It was the biggest surprise and I was so happy he was going to be spending my vacation with me!  He is so sneaky.  Before I had left, he kept saying- What am I gonna do without you for a week? and he talked about his plans and stuff.. just totally deceiving me.  It was a good surprise.  
So we stayed in Boise for a few days with Anjeannette and visited my bro-Luke and kids who I hadn't seen in a couple years!  My mom met us in Boise Sunday night and then Tuesday morning drove us to Idaho Falls-HOME!  We got to visit my other brothers there and my parents-of course.  Friday morning we left for Utah and visited temple square and the conference center, got to see an old roomie-Jamie- then met up with family the rest of the time.  I brought a pattern for the purse/bag that I've made before and I helped all my cute nieces sew their own purses!  That's basically all we did Saturday- it took a long time instructing the girls, cutting & sewing 4 purses!!  But they turned out super cute!  It was a really relaxing vacation.  Not a whole lot planned, but a lot of sitting and laying around and watching movies and chatting.  We had a great time.  By the time we got home, we were so tired we hit the sack at 9pm. It was really hard to wake up Monday morning to go to work!  Ugh.  BUT- it must happen, so we are moving along.
I didn't get tons of pictures of the trip - but here's a few.



(I am 26 weeks in that picture- but am now 27 weeks!!  Not much of a difference. )








11 comments:

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

Oh I am so jealous!!! I want to go home to Idaho so bad!!!! Looks and sounds like you had a blast though!!! Your belly is so cute Abby!! And I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby bedding. Can't wait to see it on the Cherry crib you have. We will be doing a sports theme... my hubby is a huge sports man and wouldn't have it any other way. he he. So what are some of the names you've thought of? Any different from when you posted a while ago! We've loved the name Payton pretty much since we've been married, but I had a cousin who named their boy Peyton 2 years ago. I don't see my cousin very much and we've decided to spell it different so we are sticking with it!!!

Kim said...

Oh that bedding is SO cute! I love it. Good job. I am also glad you got a vacation, isn't that the best? Paxton is sneaky to surprise you like that! I can't imagine how awesome that must have been. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy, keep posting pictures, you look adorable.

Anjeanette said...

We loved having you here. My kids won't stop talking about you both. Love all the pictures, I am so glad I have pictures of you guys with my kids. Glad you had fun, and are safely home. Hopefully see you soon... :)

Stacia said...

Loved the bedding! I love fresh colors like that. Sounds like the vacation was a lot of fun!

Kelly and I took a picture like the one you two took next to the statues!! I guess we are both goofy couples!

Krista & Tyler said...

I wish you would have called us! We only live 3 blocks from the temple!!! Sad! haha I love your pictures and am so anxious to get a new camera!

Jeni said...

ohhh abby, i love your bedding!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
WELCOME HOME!

Brittany Swanson said...

ah this post has inspired me to hunt for baby bedding- and I'm turning into a monster... and I don't even know what color I should be looking for!

Haylee said...

that bedding is adorable!!! i'm glad you got to go home and have a vacation. Being with family is so nice, and how fun that Paxton surprised you!

Lauren Thorne said...

I left you something on my blog!

Krista & Tyler said...

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/

Check out this site Abby-you'll love it! She has some baby thingies that match your bedding! Hooray lol

Enjoy!!

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

Hiii! Thanks for the comment on the baby stuff. YOUR bedding is SO cute too! It'd be way cute to get some dark brown sheets with that. It's hard to find exact colors tho, but GOOD FIND!
So the car seat! I love it too! I actually ordered it from BabiesRus.com
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2844620
That is the link right to it! My sister had the same car seat in a different color and LOVED it! I don't think you can get it in the stores, it's only available online! So there ya go! Hope everything is going great!!!