2.06.2009

A Child's Homework




 


(Here's the reply the teacher received the following day) 

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.  
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit.  I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it.    Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole.  It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in. 
Sincerely,
Mrs.  Smith

Hahahahaha, I thought that was just SO funny!   Very clever.  It's funny that the child really had no clue what she was drawing could be portraying something bad--- which is a good thing!!!  

I'm sorry I don't have any pics of us lately.  We haven't had too much fun around here, since Paxton has been gone for the past 4 weeks.  He gets home so soon though!  I am so thankful it's Friday.  This has been a long week and I'm just ready to relax this weekend.

Last night I made a mini purse- same pattern as my big purse I posted earlier, but just smaller and all pink.  I had extra pink fabric and I wanted to make something out of it last night... so I threw the small purse together.  It took me like 2 hours, but it was so fun!  I am now trying to figure out how to put a cute embellishment on it... I'm thinking some cute huge buttons or something ? ? I don't know.  

I've been having a hunch that the baby inside of me is a little boy... but the Chinese Baby Calendar says otherwise.... I am anxious to find out who's right.  This little baby has already given me so much trouble and he/she is only almost 14 weeks!!  This one is mischievous... we're in for a ride!!

My latest craving: Confetti Cake, but not with the Funfetti frosting- I like the frosting by Betty Crocker called Rainbow Chip better.  The chips are chewier and just taste better.  I'm think I'll indulge this weekend.

Here's a picture for ya.  Katie is on her mission and has been out for one year this month.  She is doing SO well and is loving her mission so much.  She is serving in Columbus, OH.  Her testimony has grown and developed SO much since she's been out, I can tell in her emails.  I am so proud of her and happy that she is happy serving the Lord.  

This is a pic of her playing dress up.  She's so silly.


7 comments:

Jeni said...

She is looking amazing!! Oh I am so happy for her.
AND you must show me this new little purse, CUTE!
Abby, the chinese calendar has always been right for me!

Anjeanette said...

That e-mail is funny. Mom sent it to me and i have saved it too. As far as cake, even the rainbow chip cake mix is better than funfetti with the rainbow chip frosting. It's my favorite. Have fun eating the whole thing in one sitting...:) Nice pic of Katie!

Rowbury Adventures said...

hahaha oh my gosh i laughed so hard at that picture and after reading that story....that's a good one! ha

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

What a hilarious story! i love teaching primary..the kids give you all the juicy details of what goes on at home.....that's not WHY i love it tho.

I made austin the funfetti cake with the rainbow chip frosting for his birthday dinner,I'm just not a fan of funfetti frosting, sprinkles taste yucky. Still have some frosting left, excersizing some self restraint over here.

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

So funny! Okay so I just posted on your last post. So I won't bore you again.

Wiseguys said...

So, so so funny! I'm dying here!

Jalayne said...

Abby! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you and Paxton!!!