8.03.2008

Jammin it up II

So I sent a birthday package to Katie in Ohio.   I wrapped the inside of the box with scrapbook paper.  I didn't have any birthday wrapping paper, so I got creative.   I made Katie's favorite treats-- Peanut butter Krispies -- and put them in tupperware.  I gave a few little toys inside, a bag of mints, a huge homemade Birthday card, a letter, and a few pictures I knew she'd like.  It was so fun making it for her.  I think I'll do it again soon-- maybe for Christmas.  
Speaking of Christmas, for the past 3 weeks I have been really wishing it was Christmas time.  I just want to listen to Christmas music.  I love that time of year.  Sadly we have no Christmas music or movies. :( Bummer.  Do you think they're selling any Christmas music?
I took this picture because after I topped this sandwich off, it was HUGE.  I made it for Pax- and I don't think he could fit his mouth around the whole thing.  It looked pretty though.  All I needed was a flagged toothpick.  With my no meat month I have a lot more vegetables on hand than usual, so I stacked his sandwich.  Yumm. 
Today I made 2 batches of berry jam!!!  Paxton's sister and niece picked fresh blueberries and blackberries, and they gave them to me to cook with.  So i decided to make jam.  I also had a frozen rasp/blue/blackberry mix that I made another batch with.  We go through jam so quickly because I eat pb&j every single day... I'm surprised I'm not sick of em.  Anyway, I'm so excited to try some. 
Paxton and I have been enjoying a really relaxing weekend.  It's been nice to not have too many plans and always going going going.  We just don't want the week to start up again... ugh.
  Bye bye*

6 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Good for you eating healthy! Good job on the jam.....looks good.

Kim said...

Seriously? Jam? I have no clue how to make jam. I was just telling my mom today how pathetic I am that I have no idea how to do that or can anything for that matter! Yikes!

Jeni said...

i eat pbj's all the time too- that looks really yum!

Bling said...

Do we get a jar since we provided the berries?

YaYa said...

I want some too,,,,please!!!!

Wiseguys said...

mmmmm. you're so domestic! Looks like fun times. I want a relaxing weekend. It seems like life just won't slow down for us.