So Paxton gets bored during the days since he isn't working and has nothing really to do. He has his class to study for, but he doesn't wanna be studying all day everyday. BORING. Well, there a sweet little lake in front of Ann's house and you can see tons of fishes jumpin in the water and swimming around. So Pax decided to go to Wal-mart and buy himself a fishing rod and a pair of wading boots. I was at work when he started fishing, but he told me he had bought everything to go fishing. Well he didn't buy real worms to use as bait, but he bought a fake, rubber worm and tried to use that. The first day of fishing was unsuccessful. Fishies don't smell rubber, they smell REAL worms. SO- the next day Pax went to Heather's yard and dug out real worms. He went out to the lake and tried again. After just a few times of throws- or whatever you call it.. he caught a fish!! He called me at work to tell me he caught one. I was so excited!! I told him to save it till I get home. And I told him to take pictures of it, and pictures of him holding it up while it's still on the hook. So- that picture of him, he took it himself! Amazing eh? Anyway, the first pictures are of the first day when he didn't catch anything, but of course the last couple are from the second day. I'm so proud of him! Great job baby! Oh- and it isn't a bass... it's a catfish. :)

He was trying to find worms as bait. The fake rubber worm just wasn't working because it had no smell to it. Too bad we can't buy some worm spray to put on the rubber worm. That'd be kinda cool.

Digging again for worms. We couldn't find any because it's all clay. I don't think worms would live in wet clay, they probably wouldn't be able to get around. So, we unfortunately couldn't find any.

Ann let me wear her gardening, fishing boots. I didn't want to get all muddy.

Here's the fisherman, waiting patiently, reeling slowly.

Here you can kinda see the bobber-- it looks like an eyeball. There were lots of little fishies jumpin and you could see the fins and a ripple wherever they were.

He finally caught one! YAY!!

And here is the "delicious bass"- catfish!
3 comments:
Can you eat catfish? hum. Where are you working Abby?
You can come dig up worms whenever you want. Maybe instead of an accountant you should be a bass pro?
CAN YOU EAT CATFISH!!!!!!! Kelly, you can TOTALLY eat catfish. I don't know if Hobbs was good, but there is some scrum-dilly-umptious catfish out there in the world...And if I wasn't so completely nauseated by this post I would go eat some. Sorry, Pax. Good job on catching it, though!
Abby, let's hang out soon!
Post a Comment