1.30.2007

Uhh... Ummm... Uhhh















So at BYU-Idaho every Tuesday we have a Devotional where a speaker comes from different schools, and from around the area to speak to us about religious things. Anway, the speaker today was President Young, the President of University of Utah. And the first thing Paxton noticed was that he would say Uhh and Umm A LOT! He automatically started counting how many times he said it. Here is the paper where he kept tally. If you can't read it, he said Uh or Um 210 times in a 43 minute talk. And of course, Paxton, being the accountant, had to figure out how many times a minute and second that would be. So it is 4.8 times per minute and once per 12.5 seconds! haha. So funny. At first I couldn't even listen to the talk, Pax was distracting me. AND when he pointed it out to me, that's all I could hear at first. I got over that, and it really was a good talk. Anyway, we thought it was pretty funny.
I have a basketball game tonight and a volleyball game tomorrow night! I'm so excited to be playing again! Yay!
And Paxton will be tutoring students tonight, as usual, working so hard.
SCHOOL SCHOOL- that's all we're up to now-a-days!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

COOL HOB!
That is funny, that reminds me of how Rawl counted how many times his teacher said "Meow"(Mean)She was Chinese - Or how his other teacher would say "it so happens that..." every 15 seconds or so. He and his other fellow classmates would count - cool rawl!

YaYa said...

okay, now that is just too wierd paxton!!!! did he say "Yall" much????? abby, glad to hear that you are playing lots of ball, i know that is fun,,,,,,,i need to get off my big bazooka and do something!!!!!! xxx000

The Ling Blings said...

I think I am going to start tallying how much Pax, Brian and Chris say "True That"!!!!

Kelly said...

Man, it always drives me crazy when I notice someone doing that...it's then all I can hear! Jake says I say, "I'd just die!" a lot...and I do! aack! cool that you're playing ball...I love playing, but having in forever. I mostly stick to the lone sport of running (if you call it a sport, Jake doesn't).