11.25.2006

Will it ever stop???


This is a picture of my poor baby on Davy Jones (our couch, I will explain the name later) who has been sick for two weeks now! She has had mostly flu symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever, congestion, nausea, muscle aches, puffy eyes, etc.) and is always tired. At first, we thought she was pregnant! But we went to the doctor a few days ago and found out that it was just a viral infection. They usually take about two weeks before they leave your system so were hoping she will be better soon. And yes, I have been taking good care of her: feeding her, giving her pills, making her hot chocolate, and telling her she's still beautiful (I really mean it). I did tell her I wanted my wife back the other day but that is neither here nor there.
So why do we call our couch Davy Jones? Well, we bought our couch at Deseret Industries (The D.I.), and for those who don't know the D.I. is like a goodwill. Anyway, we thought we got a good deal on this couch until we noticed all the chest hair in between and under the seat cushions!! I am not even joking chest hair everywhere, at least we hope it was chest hair... Anyway, so after we cleaned it all up we gave it the name Dead Man's Chest and it just evolved to Davy Jones somehow. So that's the story. Even though Abby is sick we are still having fun and had a terrific Thanksgiving with her family!! We went to Hamer, Idaho (her aunt's house) and had a lot of turkey, rode 4-wheelers, and sat in the hot-tub. Her Uncle is a potato farmer and they have a lot of land and a lot of potatoes, in fact, we got to take home a big box of Real Idaho Potatoes!! Peace out

2 comments:

The Ling Blings said...

Do you think I could borrow your fab couch when ya'll move down here....it sounds groovy!

Kelly said...

yikes! I hope that's chest hair for sure! that reminds me of the couch we had in NY...I was always a little afraid to sit on it :)