9.18.2012

time flies when you're having fun

Since my last post, Ty has turned 3 years old and is now potty trained! Yaaaaaaayyy!! It's so nice!  I didn't understand why people said it was easier for them to be potty trained instead of in a diaper... but now I do, and it's true!  I can't wait til Emery gets trained, which will hopefully be in a couple months.  I've been telling her when she turns 2, she will get to go potty on the toilet and get an M&M each time. She saw that Ty would get an M&M each time, and asked for one.  After I told her she does it when she's 2, she would remind me each time after Ty went potty.  Silly girl.  She is a smart little cookie.  She is funny.  She makes Ty laugh all the time. And us too.  

I am doing preschool with Ty, and Emery joins in on the fun too.  I don't do much.  Just teach a letter a week, with crafts to go along with it.  I'll also do numbers and shapes throughout the year.  Ty is loving it.  Today I taught C, and made a carrot craft and baked C shaped cookies.  We read books afterward and try to identify the letter that we learned that day throughout the story.  He is doing really well with writing the letter, and recognizing when words start with a letter he has learned. 
Ty is really into super heroes and dressing up.  We scored a few dress-up clothes from Leslie, and garage sales, and he is loving them!  I plan on making a few things for Christmas too!  


The summer season is turning to fall and I am SO excited!  I'm loving the cooler weather where we can go outside and play for longer periods of time.  It's perfect.  I hope it lasts a long time!

2 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Hooray for potty training!! And congrats to you :) I have heard how much harder it is to train boys. Adorable little super hero and Emery is such a doll! Glad I get to hang out with them on Sundays! :)

Ann said...

Love those babies....so proud of Ty and Emery!!!!