7.29.2011

Idaho Trip!

We went to Idaho and Utah for a couple weeks to visit family.  We had such a great time, I didn't want to come back.  I don't think the kids did either.  Ty loved all the other kids to play with, and all their toys!  In every house we stayed at, he always said, "Downstairs?" like he wanted to go down and play because that's where all the toys are at!  And he always wanted to be outside too.  It was never too hot to be outside and play, and there were always huge yards with fun stuff to do!
Last weekend we had a family reunion at my parent's house in Idaho Falls.  They live right on the Snake River- it's a beautiful view!  There were 60 people there, sometimes more, sometimes less.  A few cousins and aunts came and went.  Everyone camped out in tents in the huge field next to their home. And there was even a porta-potty. There was lots to do! They had a pool, slip n slide, bounce house, tramp, chickens, four-wheelers, ladder toss game, horse-shoes, volleyball, football, a beautiful new covered porch to sit & relax under, and lots of yummy food and snacks.
The pool that all the kids enjoyed so much
The huge army tent my parents put up.  Many of the kids stayed under it.  You can roll the sides down, and there dividers in there to make 4 separate rooms. This is also the field where everyone set up their own tents. 
The beautiful covered porch my dad built and finished right before the reunion started!!  There are built-in benches for use at the table, and shades that roll down to block out the sun.  It's perfect!  Everyone hung out there all day every day.  





 Ty & Em loved just being outside in the grass.  They loved playing with the dogs too.  Emery was more brave with them and crawled right up to them and started petting them.  She thought it was hilarious.  Ty just stood back and laughed. 

Throughout the weekend, some of the girls, including myself, were making bracelets and anklets.  My Aunt Cosette and Mom provided all the twine and beads!!  Thank you!  It was so fun!

Also, Mom bought a bunch of "string bling" that you put in your hair! Aunt Cosette spent most of her day putting them in every girl's hair!  I got some silver and turquoise, but they have all fallen out since then.  They are super cute and fun, but can pull out easily, since it is attached to a single strand of hair. The only picture I have is of goofy Kelsie above!  You can see the silver strands in her bangs!  So cute.

Every family was assigned a different meal throughout the weekend.  The favorite meal I think was dinner Friday night.  Matt & Candice made a cajun style meal, with shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn. It was all thrown out onto the table with newspaper under it.  So everyone digged in with their hands.  It was so fun and so yummy!
Grandpa took Ty on a tractor ride and let him steer!  He loved it!  
Ty go so spoiled.  Uncle John is the best at playing with hair, so Ty got to experience it.  John played with his hair, and rubbed his back while they were watching a movie before bed.  


 Look at those dimples and lashes!!! 

 I found him like this.  Funny kid.

 Baby Evelyn.  I got to meet her for the first time! She is so precious and so sweet!  Love her!

 In the theatre room...



 I had to put vaseline on her nose because it was so dry there, she was getting crusty! That's why she's shiny.
 Beckham and Ty
 The only one not there from my family was Seth because he's in Iraq.  The best we could do was a life-size cut-out of him.  It looked so real!  

... and then some random pics...












 Saturday night, Paxton threw an impromptu dance party!  Everyone had a blast!  So much fun!

Duncan and Ty look so much alike, I had to get them side by side.

The last night before flying back to Texas, we stayed at Matt and Candice's house with their 5 boys!  Ty was in heaven!  He loved it so much!

We had SO much fun.  It was really hard to leave.  Those 2 weeks went by way too fast.  This was the first time my family had ever met Emery, and they loved her to pieces.  What they got a kick out of the most was how she rolls her tongue, sounding like a purr or something.   It's a fast roll, and she'll do it any time.  When she's happy, sad, crying, or playing.  It's hilarious.  I have a video I'll have to share sometime.  

The one thing we didn't get while all together was a family picture!!  Hello??  I can't believe no one thought of this!  Next time.  Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

6 comments:

YaYa said...

I love this blog...you guys must have had the best time. That is probably one of the coolest family reunions I have seen. I know your parents must have worked very hard to pull that all together....and I just love all the kids.....I want to go next time!!! I promise I will behave......so glad you all had a wonderful trip....and I think Ty looks like your brother John!!!!

Lisa said...

Fun, fun, FUN!!! I love spending time with family and I am so happy that you guys had a great time on your vacation. What a blessing to be there with them AND have Paxton with you. Totally jealous! ;)

Wiseguys said...

HOw fun! I'm glad you got a chance to see your family! Family time is always the best, especially when the weather is nice enough to be outside

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

EXCUSE ME! You were in Idaho and didn't even say HI? Hmmmm rude! Ha just teasin it looks like you had a fabulous time! your kids are ADORABLE!

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

oops this is Rozalynn by the way ;)

Kelsie said...

You got some awesome pics! I love the one of Matt and Ty with their mouths open....I can't believe how big Matt's mouth is! LOL! I didn't know who's camera that was when I took that pic..haha! I can't wait for next years reunion!