Two weekends ago, I ran a half marathon in Austin with my girlfriends. It was a great excuse to make a whole girls weekend out of it!! We had a blast.
We left Friday afternoon, got there, checked in for our race, checked in at the hotel, and went to a pretty scary restaurant for dinner. The race and hotel were in a city southwest of Austin called Bastrop. When we checked in at our race, we asked a girl who lived there a good place to eat, and she referred us to this restaurant. April said it best when we got our food that it tasted like something she could've made herself. When I go out to eat, I want to eat something I can't make at home.... plus we had to add tons of pepper and parmesan cheese. Oh well. It served it's purpose- carbs! I wish I would've taken a picture of the restaurant.
Afterwards, we found a candy shop. It was unique and all decked out for Easter!! They had some YUMMY fudge though!
Amanda, Molly, & April - being silly as usual.
and Camille !
Ready to RUN - at 5:30am ! What's up with all the make up girls?!?!
After the race, there was an after party with food, shopping, wine, and massages. Who drinks wine after 13.1 miles?

Sunday, we shopped for a bit, and hit up an ice cream place before we took off for home. The drive took forever, because of a huge fire, and another accident further down the road. We finally made it home after about 5 hours!
We finally got to our hotel, showered, rested, and got ready for a night on 6th Street!! We went to an amazing restaurant called Iron Cactus. We ordered so much food because it all looked so delicious. We loved it so much, we went there the next day for lunch!!! We were happy to find out there is one in Dallas!!


Camille and I wanted to see Brad Womack at his bar he owned, but he wasn't there. Surprise, surprise. hahaha His bar is called Chuggin' Monkey - in the background.
We found a not-so-crowded country bar to hang out in for awhile and listen to some music. We were out before all the real party-ers, so it wasn't too crazy. Really- there were only like 7 other people in there, with a big dance floor wide open.
Out on the deck at Iron Cactus
After hitting up the bars (ha), we went to a dessert place and got some yummy cheesecake, sundae, pie, and other goods. After that, we walked back to our car, and that's when everything started getting busy! Glad we got out when we did!
Paxton & Ty were waiting for me out front. It was so fun to see them waiting for me. What sweet boys I have.
It was a fun weekend!
6 comments:
wowwwwsers! you know how to work a girl's weekend! sooooo close on your race...a flatter course and you'll have it!
We are all so proud of your run, and I bet you did make it under 2 hours,,,their clocks were just off....Looks like you and your girlfriends had a great, fun weekend and hit some really great places. Austin is one of my favorite ole "stompin grounds"....need to head there soon....You deserved a get-away weekend and so happy that it turned out so good!! Love ya!
So funny!! All the pictures of me look ridiculous. But it really was a fun weekend! And congrats to you- you did so great!
Go you!! That is awesome-I could never do that. My goal is just to do this 5k in May...wish me luck!! Looks like y'all had a good time.
That's what I was thinking Amanda! Not a single good picture of me. Go figure. I'm handicapped when it comes to taking pictures. The trip was a blast! You kicked Booty!
Congrats on your race!! I am hoping to run another half after I have this baby; maybe the Cowtown Half in February. If you're interested in running another one, let me know :) Glad you had a great girl's weekend as well - those are the best!
Post a Comment